Injector replacement - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Injector replacement
Monday, February 14, 2005 4:25 PM
I'm in the process of replacing all four fuel injectors on my '92 cav 2.2 mpfi. the car really stinks of raw fuel inside and I know the squirters are leaking. I've never replaced injectors before and don't wan't to mess them up in doing so. The injectors are bottom feed type and have gauze screens near the tip and have a large o-ring near the top and a smaller one on the tip. I haven't found a picture of one in any automanual. Could use some advise in installing these things. Thank you very much: Angell jr

Re: Injector replacement
Monday, February 14, 2005 6:32 PM
what i do is lube the o-rings with vasaline and just push the injector into place.

Monday, February 14, 2005 8:11 PM
Yup, what sharkey said. If they don't go in all the way at first, once you get the retainer bracket back on, they will go in when you tighten it.

Monday, February 14, 2005 8:56 PM
I gave the injectors a slight turn as I put them in to make sure they seated good. Also those bolts that hold the rail on strip out easy if you ever take them out much. Mine stripped so I replaced them with regular bolts. If you have to do that make sure you don't overtighten them.

http://cavalierman93.googlepages.com/

Monday, February 14, 2005 9:35 PM
make sure your replacing your o-ring as well.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 3:50 PM
...if when fitting them back in..make sure there "SEATED IN PLACE"..other wise your taking it all apart to replace the o-ring that you tore and caused the injector to spray fuel all over the place..its not a hard job to due but..just don't rely on another part to force it into place..make sure its in one part first before you fit them to another ..untill you've done it acouple times, don't be try'n to cut corners
Thursday, February 17, 2005 6:27 PM
how much did u spend..i priced out brand new ones for 110 each with rings
Thursday, February 17, 2005 8:29 PM
mitch martin wrote:how much did u spend..i priced out brand new ones for 110 each with rings

That sounds like a dealer price to me. I paid like $65 a piece for three of them and $80 for the last one. I had problems finding all four of them. Advance Auto said they could order them for me and only got one. I waited three days total for the others too come in and they never came in. They didn't want to refund my money cause I paid with a check but needless to say I got my money back then and there. (They didn't wanna get me a rental car till the parts got there ) Autozone had one in stock and claimed they had some coming in on their truck but when the truck got there no fuel injectors. I went to Napa and bought the only one they had in stock then to the next town wast of me and found one at a local parts store.

http://cavalierman93.googlepages.com/

Thursday, February 17, 2005 11:49 PM
I paid sixty five bucks for each injector at autozone, but I,ve seen the price for each go as high as $125.0 each. angelljr
Saturday, February 19, 2005 2:49 PM
im in canada i work at a shop and my cost at GM is 110, but part source sells them to the public for 75
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:27 AM

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search