jbp. products - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
jbp. products
Sunday, February 27, 2005 2:01 PM
ok a word to the wise this is my experience with jbp

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:46 pm Post subject: jbp?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so here i am , i ordered the jbp ft mount bracket, and the new 00+ egr apadter for my cavy, and after a month and a half i finally got my parts, so i went out to my garage today to install them and wtf the holes in the mount bracket dont line up with the holes in the engine block, only 2 of the 4 holes line up, the other 2 are drilled way off center.so i figure i better check the fittment of the egr apdapter, well after test fitting it i found that the egr tube needed to be bent slightly which i was aware of since they had told me that, but i found another serious problem, with the egr adapter plate installed and the egr valve installed on the adapter plate my egr valve is almost touching the brake reservoir.roughly less than 1.8 of an inch clearance between the two. not good. so all i can say is right now im not too happy with this company, but maybe that will change after they respond to my email i sent them a few hours ago.

Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok so here i am again with the same problem as before witht he engine mount from jbp, they sent me a second mount and its machined the same as the first one. when i emailed them to explain the problem to them. their response was that i was either installing the part wrong or that the engine block i have was made incorrctly, because they had sent 32 of these out to other people and i was the only one to have a fitment problem. now i am an A.S.E. master mechainic, i have worked in a dealership for 7 years now and for the last 5 or so i have done nothing but heavy engine and trans repair. so i think i can install a bracket on a car if nothing else. and as for my engine block being made incorrectly by gm , i ruled this out by trying to install this bracket onto another engine, and comparing the holes on the jbp eingine mount to the stock a/c bracket. the jbp engine bracket doest fit either of my 3x00 engines, and the holes dont line up with the a/c bracket either. so i think that rules out the problem on my end. now they wnat me to send the part back yet again. waste more of my money and time waiting for them to not fix my problem

LONG STORY SHORT AVOID THIS COMPANY

Re: jbp. products
Sunday, February 27, 2005 4:02 PM
Like I said on the v6 board you seem like an ignorant person to deal with and I would wait until you two have complete resolved the issue before starting threads like these. Haha the EGR tube does not come perfectly bent for every vehicle. The stock units that are sold still need to be bent and adjusted for proper fitment on the vehicles that they were intended to go on from factory. It is flexible for a reason.

Sunday, February 27, 2005 8:13 PM
ahh yes your right, the hose is flexible for a reason i am aware of that, but as i stated i was aware of it needing to be bent a bit when i got the adapter from them this was not an issue!! the tube needs to be bent because it rubs against the brake booster. from the factory that tube doesnt rub against the booster

like i said on the other site

in all honesty here i am a decent person to deal with, i have ordered online from many large and small companies and never once had a proble like this until now. i work in a dealership as a mechanic so i know hositility is a last resort because it solves almost nothing. i honestly dont feel good about flaming a person or a company but hey if im not being treated fairly then what should i do? sit back and watch as it happens again to me and possibly others? maybe you would.

so anyway like i said if they want to resolve this issue with me they can respond to my email and finish this privately and i will be more than happy to repost disregarding all of this and even correcting it.

until then i'll wait and post here and elsewhere as necessary.
Sunday, February 27, 2005 8:54 PM
slopoke, these things happen.

i ordered valve springs from ferrera and found that one valve spring out of the other 15 was not spun right. I wont come up on here and flame them because they said to return the entire batch of springs and they'll send another one.

jbp probably machined the pieces wrong, but they sound like they are going out of your way trying to help you out with your issue.

you shouldnt hurt the hand that feeds you. these guys make products for us and i have never heard of them screwing someone over who receives a product that is defective.
Sunday, February 27, 2005 9:03 PM
they are going out of their way? thats a stretch to say the least but ok if you say so.

i know these things happen, its custom made parts its bound to happen i am fully aware of that and was aware of that before starting this swap.
as for biting the hand that feeds me. since ordering these parts way back in november i have since found other sources to get all my parts from with the exception of a short throw shifter.

the thing is here its not like im asking for anything crazy out of this deal. hell most of you probably think im going as far as screaming i want my money back. I DONT,WANT MY MONEY BACK. thats not right, not fair. i got a part that didnt work twice i made it work im not sending it back I DONT WANT MY MONEY BACK. i would like to resolve this with them privately and if they want to ignore me then fine, let them
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search