100 spoke wheels on a 2nd gen?????? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
100 spoke wheels on a 2nd gen??????
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:06 AM
Anyone got hundred spoke wheels on the 2nd gen.. post pics or opinions!

Re: 100 spoke wheels on a 2nd gen??????
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:08 AM
I got 15" 80 luxur wire (chrome) they set out about an inch wide and give my car a really low stance. People say they dont like the look in picture on this site. But in reaility I think it looks great.... I thought about getting some 18 spokes.... I myself love spokes
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:18 AM
puke
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:40 AM
omg noooooooooooo!!!!

**changes are here**

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:24 PM
im not a fan of spokes at all...at least not wires...the look like they belong on caddys or lincolns or something like that...

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:18 PM
its kinda funny we get this comments about how bad they are from guys with domestic car with rice 16 whites and an exhaust tip... Not to diss but have you seen a 2nd gen with wires?
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:32 PM
RJ Miller wrote:its kinda funny we get this comments about how bad they are from guys with domestic car with rice 16 whites and an exhaust tip... Not to diss but have you seen a 2nd gen with wires?

yes. and the wires look retarded. i have NOT seen a 2nd gen with wires that have the proper offset, the only ones ive seen are 14inch wheels that stick out 6 inches outside of the wheelwell.

i supose if there were 17 inch or bigger, and had a proper offset so the wheel was INSIDE the wheelwell it would look ok
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:35 PM
I myself dont think anything other than a 15-16 spoke wont look good on a cav if it does stick out. Though giving that wide look is good when you have a low stance
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:40 PM
Quote:

its kinda funny we get this comments about how bad they are from guys with domestic car with rice 16 whites and an exhaust tip... Not to diss but have you seen a 2nd gen with wires?

I wasn't aware you've seen my car... It's a geo prizm (not metro) and I have 14" enkeis, and NO exhaust tip. The wheels aren't huge, but they provide a nice alternative to stock. I would have to say that's QUITE a stereotype...
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:51 PM
I know... my bad but it pisses me off to see peps hatin on wires when they havent actualy seen them and myself I hate import rims
so I dont know
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:52 PM
wires...

if you want to put wires on it, there better be a 12 switch hydro system in it as well. also don't forget the velvet interior, and gold trim. OHHHH and the 10 inch chain link Homer Simpson Style Steering wheel.

YUCK!

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 4:54 PM
well, the abbreviation for Pontiac may make it seem like it, but our cars are not Caddys!!! Buying those will be a disgrace to all us 2nd Gen J'ers!!! Just my opinion, though

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 5:49 PM
RJ Miller wrote:I know... my bad but it pisses me off to see peps hatin on wires when they havent actualy seen them and myself I hate import rims
so I dont know

any questions??

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:17 PM
if u hate "import" rims than buy a set of American Racing Torque Thrust for FWD. i almost bought them...

and if it was a cerinza... i may be able to understand... but its not.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 6:56 PM
SunValier wrote:wires...

if you want to put wires on it, there better be a 12 switch hydro system in it as well. also don't forget the velvet interior, and gold trim. OHHHH and the 10 inch chain link Homer Simpson Style Steering wheel.

YUCK!

seen it on a cavy. currently there is one for sale at a local use car dealership. its a phaze 2, 14" daytons, 8 switch hydro setup, 4 gold exaust tips, chain wheel, gold trim, velvet, ect. the cool part about it is the guy went to all the work of putting t-tops in the car and strengthening the car up for them.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:50 PM
yeah I want some major chrome I feel thats the only way to go.... bling bling it
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:54 PM
actually sharkey, it's a rag targatop car, and 10 SW hydro's 2 pump 4 batt system

1st 1st gen on air.....

Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:14 AM
Quote:

the guy went to all the work of putting t-tops in the car

Quote:

actually sharkey, it's a rag targatop car

whew, I was getting worried there thinking somebody beat me to it. I'm just starting to streanghten up my car now so I can cut the top I'm making it into a T-top this summer and as far as I know I'll be the first second gen to do it. I've seen a targa top before and a T top on a sunfire but never a second gen, at least not yet
And I'm not even going to get stared on those rims.....Yuck. Were's that barfing emotion smile when you need it?

Thursday, March 03, 2005 9:37 AM
im puttin 17" wire's on my 84 cavi convertible, not exactly a 2nd gen, but when i get the money saved up, i'll be sure to take some pics for you. and yes, they will be the correct offset, i hate the way they look stickin out 8" lol.

Sorry.....
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-01-13 10:15:53.
This ban will expire 2005-01-14 10:15:35 Pacific Time.
Reason: Free 84 Cavi Drop Top!

Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:36 PM
oh, and i've seen wires on a few cavys. most of the times there just skated out, as a cheap way to lower. my neighbor had a 89 4door on wires and the HomerSimpson chain link steering wheel.

also seen a red 90 cavlier on 13" chrome wires. i drove up next to him and told him he's lucky i like my car enough not to clip his wheel so the wheel bends in and the cars not driveable.

wires on a 2nd gen or any cavalier in general is a discrase. If it was a 80's cady, or monte its one thing. even a s-10/sonoma... but not a FWD cavalier/sunbird/sunfire.

oh, and my buddy has a berretta (88) painted green with marvin the martin air brushed on it, 12 switch's, 2 batteries, battery charger that runs off altenator, CCE chrome pumps, CCE cylnders. the works. and it has 15" wires. only reason i like it.... is because its on the juice. not factory suspenison.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:09 PM
think of the weight of those rims.....go with some tuner style rims. just my 2 cents.

Speed costs money, how fast do you want to go?

Friday, March 04, 2005 6:06 AM
If he's thinking about wires, I doubt he's concerned about weight and performance. I'd say he's going for the "P-I-M-P" factor.
Friday, March 04, 2005 7:31 AM
Mr.Efficiency (Tyrin) wrote:
And I'm not even going to get stared on those rims.....Yuck. Were's that barfing emotion smile when you need it?

Here you go
Friday, March 04, 2005 1:22 PM
ummm no ive seen plenty of 2nd gens with wires and i say NO wires look good on luxury or maybe the 64 65 impalas but thats about it i really hate when i see a 69 olds cutlass on wires breaks my heart

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site
Friday, March 04, 2005 11:41 PM
I hate seeing anything with wire rims, I hate the hole pimp idea/theme thing Its retarded. I just dont see how riding around in something with wire wheels and a velvet interior, etc is cool. I would feel like such a moron driving anything like that. But If thats what you like I guess its up to you and its your car, but its times like this I wish people with that taste couldnt do anything to there cars.
btw: thanks Joshua I've been looking for one of those, lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search