98 2.2 In A Second Gen - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
98 2.2 In A Second Gen
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:43 AM
Does It Mount The Same as a second gen?? if so im in luck...

---------
98 Cavalier (stock) FOR NOW
Future Mods- Body Kit, Rims, Carbon Fiber Hood, Trunk, Mirrors, Euro Tails And Wing, Neon, Strobes, Black Projector Headlights, Alpine Sound System.
93 Sunbird - Painted Dash
Aim - Hayoj63
Yahoo - Bitchinfari
Msn - Bitchinfari@hotmail.com
Icq - 259458659

Re: 98 2.2 In A Second Gen
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:53 AM
what's with all the 2.2 swaps wanting to be done lately. oh well, to each their own right.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:57 AM
because my 98 is totalled and it only has 60 k on it... and runs really good!! but i dont have a second gen... i miss my old one so i want a new one!!!

---------
Future Mods- Body Kit, Rims, Carbon Fiber Hood, Trunk, Mirrors, Euro Tails And Wing, Neon, Strobes, Black Projector Headlights, Alpine Sound System.
Aim - Hayoj63
Yahoo - Bitchinfari
Icq - 259458659
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:20 AM
I suppose that's a good enough reason lol. I just always figure if you're gonnado a swap, go for a bit more. but if you have an excellent 2.2 just lying around why not eh. but I'm not sure it mounts up the same tho.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:39 AM
The block is the same, but the head and accessories are different. There would probably be some clearance issues with the P/S pump and the A/C compressor if anything. You would also need to swap the wiring harness.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:43 AM
how hard would this be...

---------
Aim - Hayoj63
Yahoo - Bitchinfari
Icq - 259458659
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:36 AM
Sorry to jack the thread, but it's still relevent to the subject. I can get an 89 cavalier 2.0 with a blown head gasket for extremely cheap. So, if I want to run the roller cam setup from the 94 2.2, I will just have to swap the head/valvetrain and wiring harness, and maybe find the 94 accessory brackets? If that's the case, I'm gonna pick this baby up. I'm sure if I show up with a $50 in my hand, I can have the car.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 4:08 PM
I just remembered i need the fuel pump and intake, and exhaust manifold too
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:47 PM
Ok, I think I got this figured out. To get the most out of a 2.2/2.0, I would use the '94-97 engine, and the '93 wiring harness and computer (To utilize the higher rev limiter). But I don't really have to use the 94-97 block. I could just bolt the top end to the 2.0 block (same as 2.2) and use the 93 ecm and harness, and not have to pull the motor. But what about the cam? Will I have to use the 94 cam with the 94 head? If so, is it possible to swap the cam with the engine in the car? The picure i have in my head is you have to pull the cam out of the block like a v8, not just unbolt it like a ohc. I haven't really even seen these motors, so I'm not sure. Thanks for the help.

Oh yea, Jeremy, you can have your thread back now... Hey I see your 17, play bass, and live in MI, and like jbodies. I guess that makes 2 of us.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:54 AM
as im bass music yes.... im in menominee how bout u

---------
Aim - Hayoj63
Yahoo - Bitchinfari
Icq - 259458659
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:15 AM
Oh, I thought you meant you play the bass guitar. I'm in Allegan, near Grand Rapids.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:24 PM
haha... common mistake hehe.... but anyways I NEED A 5 SPEED SECOND GEN

---------
Aim - Hayoj63
Yahoo - Bitchinfari
Icq - 259458659
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search