I got my Body Kit - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I got my Body Kit
Friday, March 11, 2005 4:25 PM
...And as much as I hate to say it, things didn't go so smoothly. With that said, here is the letter I emailed to Diza:

Diza,
I had hoped everything would go smooth, but it didn't. I placed my effort, money, time and not to mention patience into you guys. I waited anxiously and talked highly about your customer service. And I grinned my face off when the delivery truck arrived at my address. But, I opened the package and gave it all a once over. I was excited to had finally gotten my kit, but at the same time, deeply disappointed.

The quality of the fiberglass shaping is poor guys!!! It looks like nothing more than a rushed job. I had complete faith you guys would have done an excelling job with my kit. Nothing fits completely flush and I think one of the door panels was even slightly short. I was going to install it myself but, just being so content that I finally got it in and saw the rough edges, abrasions and even a slight crack in the front bumper... I thought I'd just drop by my body shop. They were just as disappointed in the quality as I was. Needless to say, I feel somewhat like an idiot here. I paid you guys over $1000 U.S. dollars to custom build me a kit and my body shop has quoted me around $650 USD to smooth out all the rough edges, fix the crack, puddy over all the imperfections, shape it up to actually FIT smoothly with my car, PRIMER it and slap a few coats of paint on it. That's more than half what I paid you guys to build it for in the first place... and you guys didn't even primer it, as I was led to believe you would, according to photos on your site.

Listen, I love the Hurricane design, I'm obsessed with the style of it. And I was under the impression you guys placed high quality into the work you do for your customers. But, what are you going to do for me? I've waited all this time and now I'm stuck at a point where I'm going to have to wait longer, and perhaps spend more money on a kit I already paid for and expected to be in perfect shape? Are you going to ask me to ship it back to you to fix all the imperfections and actually shape it to my vehicles' body style? Are you going to grant me the money to just have my body shop do it? I'm 100% satisfied to take pictures to send to you if you want and even get an official estimate on the body work needed to be done and their quotes.

I think it's fair to say I deserve a little compensation for this and I'm sure you guys would like a chance to restore customer faith into your product and company name. Needless to say, I'd like a response as soon as possible. you can even contact me by phone, so that we can come to an agreement on the situation.

(***) ***.***.****

I didn't even mention that I have another order pending with you guys... the Hurricane Hood. Is the quality on it going to be just as bad? What is the status on that anyway? I've invested a lot here, especially money wise. Please understand where I'm coming from and please work with me.

The sooner we can work this out, the sooner everyone is satisfied. Thank you in advance for your help here.

So I don't know what to do next, any suggestions? Geeds, did you have any problems with your order with Diza? What's my next move guys? It's all in the email.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Re: I got my Body Kit
Friday, March 11, 2005 4:33 PM
it cost extra to have it pre-preped from diza yo. if they even do that.

but my Survior came in with a crack in it. well... the winter really f'd it up worse. but i did hit a truck with the kit and it held fine.

diza has always had poor quality. but what do you expect. at least there's kits avaliable for our cars...

Friday, March 11, 2005 4:44 PM
ok, the pre-preped thing I understand. and ya know that's not even the issue. primering is cheap and I would do that myself. I don't mind at all. But fixing all the imperfections and errors in the fiberglass isn't something so easy.

I believe the crack occured during shipping, but I can't prove that. I could even fix THAT myself with some bondo or something. argh. the money they charge for the kit should include primering anyway. not to mention, it's money well spent enough to get a quality product.

perhaps I'm j ust a fool on this case. I feel like such an idiot. I'm waiting for the ridicule to begin.
What good is a kit for our car, if it can't even be properly kitted on, due to roughness?

Friday, March 11, 2005 4:51 PM
That sucks dude.

Friday, March 11, 2005 4:58 PM
i agree totaly with ya arch so far im at a stand still ive got arounf 2000 bucks to buy a kit and paint my car and i cant decide who to go with
the only two kits that i like are te fx-designs one and the diza and i realy like the diza kit better but im scared to death that itl cost just as much to make the kit actualy fit and look good that im considering geting one from fx. please lett me know what diza does about yout prob itl help me make my choice and i have a friend who is looking for a kit to. so if diza handles this properly they could have a lot of bussness coming theyr way!

they just dont make stuff like they used to

Friday, March 11, 2005 5:19 PM
mitchell dingus wrote:i agree totaly with ya arch so far im at a stand still ive got arounf 2000 bucks to buy a kit and paint my car and i cant decide who to go with
the only two kits that i like are te fx-designs one and the diza and i realy like the diza kit better but im scared to death that itl cost just as much to make the kit actualy fit and look good that im considering geting one from fx. please lett me know what diza does about yout prob itl help me make my choice and i have a friend who is looking for a kit to. so if diza handles this properly they could have a lot of bussness coming theyr way!
they just dont make stuff like they used to

thanks mitchell, in fact, I'm gonna even use this reply as a little leverage and persuasion for them to correct their problem here.... if you don't mind, I'm gonna use this reply in a follow up email showing them they could be getting more business if they handle the situation well.

Friday, March 11, 2005 5:20 PM
diza will tell you tough @!#$...

just search for Diza and you'll read the horror stories others have gone thru.

Friday, March 11, 2005 5:26 PM
here is someone else that just got his kit too.
http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/viewtopic.php?t=62506

pretty much everyone that i know that has the diza kit has had to do some kind of work to it, i know fiberglass is not perfect, but my fx stuff has come and has been pretty nice, i haven't had a prob with cracks or anything from shipping.

| '89 Z24 Auto | '99 Prelude 5spd | '04 GS500F | '05 HD 883L |

Friday, March 11, 2005 6:02 PM
If it was me - I'd just send it back and demand a refund. I have no patience for shotty workmanship.

You're to be commended, however, for giving Diza a chance to correct the problem. If they do right by you, it may restore my faith in their company. I'm currently in the market for a body kit as well and I'll stratch any company off my list that has a reputation for poor quality.
Friday, March 11, 2005 8:09 PM
haha. David... you might wanna go buy a body kit for another car, and buy another car as well. being as 2nd gen cavaler kits are on low demand, they don't have much quality to them. just stop being cheap and have a shop fix it... you should know that going in, your gonna have to put prep work into it. fiberglass is a bitch. it doesn't flex, and doest expand like urethane will.

Friday, March 11, 2005 8:14 PM
why are you being such an ars with this thread, sun?

Friday, March 11, 2005 8:29 PM
you guy's just gotta do some research before you buy things... some people tend to do that. im always tring to help people out. Hell, Arch, i even gave you my version of the BMW swap. (the easy clean mount verion) im not tring to come off like a dick, trust me, if i was tring to... it'd be much worse.

i know most of you are newbies and haven't read 1/4 of the post us oldies have.

if you have a question about the Diza kit, ask Geeds (coderedz24). that man went thru so much @!#$ to get his kit on. he spent a while on just one sideskirt.

just research some more guys. that's all im saying, and many others will agree. plus fiberglass sucks. my OnDerGround Designs kit came screwed up some. Finger prints in the gel coating, 2 cracks that they tried to hide in Gel Coating, and the driver side don't line up with the wheel well like it should. but i didn't call or send it back... i know that companys aren't gonna do @!#$. they got there money, there fore than can care less. i respect almost all the memebers that post in the 2g fourm. (except that rock headed idiot that posted about heated springs. damn he's a @!#$ idiot). and im just posting my voice.

no hate, no beef, just tring to keep it real. (im not meaning to sound like a dick, emotion is kinda hard to express via keyboard)

Friday, March 11, 2005 8:48 PM
lol. ok fine, I know what you're saying... but in all fairness i do my share of researching before I go out and buy something. oh and yeah, I like your version... but as we just covered... I've seen like three different versions because I had sense enough to research it. And I'm still miles away from getting to that point... often I research something before I ever consider giving myself a deadline on it or thinking about when I'm actually gonna get around to doing it. as for Diza, sure I searched and saw a few bad things here and there... but given our limitations... you can search and find anything bad somewhere about each company. someone along the line has ran into a situation that gave them a bad experience and they voiced it.

I realize I haven't belonged to the org long, but that doesn't necessarily mean I haven't planned many of my projects out before I drifted along to the site. in fact, I was quite the j-body enthusiast before I ever knew there was any such org.

Yes, I know Geeds is the man to hit up about the Hurricane. and he could probably tell you I've hit him up often about it in the past. I even hit him up about this very thread that i doubt he's seen yet, but I know he put a lot of work into his kit. I realize any kit will take a bit of work, but the condition my kit came in is just stupid. I mean, they coulda used a freakin ruler or something when they were doing the fiberglassing. If my kit wasn't chillin at my body shop at the moment, I'd take pics. it's just sad shape for the money I put forth, and in my research I determined that they had better quality than what they shipped to me.

lol. onderground sucks. period.

I thought Diza had a bit more character than that, guess we'll soon find out for certain.

that mitch idiot was the stupidest of all stupid idiots ever to grace stupidity.

I know you're just being real. I respect you buddy. as I do 99% of the guys (and girl) here. lol.

Friday, March 11, 2005 8:52 PM
arch thats fine if youwant to use my reply
and sun i understand what your saying about doing resurch on a company that is what i did and that is why i havent orderd my kit yet i realy like the diza kit but im leading toward the fx kit i have heard more positive things about that company than most others

Friday, March 11, 2005 8:56 PM
hey wait just one minute my name is......mitch!!!!!
or could we be talking about the dude that heated his springs

Friday, March 11, 2005 9:58 PM
Quote:

I mean, they coulda used a freakin ruler or something when they were doing the fiberglassing

Actually, they probably have a (really crappy) mold, and they just gun it into that... That's why pretty much EVERYONE (at least in my reading so far) has gotten a shoddy product.
Friday, March 11, 2005 10:17 PM
actually, I know they use molds... or at least that's what I've always been led to believe. I just don't understand how they can do such a shabby job on every kit they produce and ship them out like that. damnit If I was running my own business and it revolved around a center piece that center piece would be perfect. but thats' me.. whatta I know, I'm just an artist.

Saturday, March 12, 2005 1:25 AM
I whole-heartedly agree with you Arch, but unfortuneately businesses are run by businessmen, not artists... Even if the artists object, the owners of the company wont care, as long as they get money they're happy, and since they are one of very few companies that offer bodykits for something not 3rd gen, they'll get their money, no matter how many horrible reviews they get.
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:17 AM
true.

I'm much happier with my purchase now that I've started sanding it down and smoothing out the roughness. The kit is worth the effort. I let my emotions get to me at first. After sanding parts of it, it's like a gem in the rough. and Diza's shipping out my hood within the next few business days, for those of you waiting to see the hood. First sunbird with the hurricane set up and/or hood?

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 12:58 PM
Thats why I like the factory kits and I went with a customized Z kit, it fit perfectly and its urethane.
When do you think you'll have your kit on and your car painted, arch? Pics

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 4:25 PM
well... since I can only do it on my day off, it may take a week or two til I just get the bumpers on alone. I'm gonna have the sideskirts and door caps modled on. I'll primer/prep it later. but here's a couple of pics that I just took after I was trying the rear bumper on... only thing I had trouble with was I ended up a half inch short at the wheel well (the entire bumper needs to move forward a half inch). I feel like I've moved it forward as far as I can and I'm just barely missing it. Any suggestions on closing the 1/2inch gap and possibly getting it to move forward just a little... please?

Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:40 AM
I cant really see the sides good to see how it lines up, but that looks pretty good to me form behind, if the sides are off just shave down the rubber mounts on the bumper and that will give you a little more room to move the kit foreward.
You have to get dual exhaust now to fill in those holes back there
Also I might have a set of outer phase 1 cavy tails for you alot sooner than I thought, my cousin just scraped his Z22 and bought a 88 Z24 and hes thinking of swaping to phase 2 tails that he already has, so if he decides to do it I'll get the phase 1 outers for you.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:42 PM
yeah, I shaved off part of the rubber in it to get it where it is, I was just seeing the fitment and getting it drilled. I still have to take it off and sand it a bit more and primer it.... along with the rest of the kit. I'm gonna try sanding more tonight. So since I gotta take it off again, I'll see if I can shave at least another half inch to get it forward, just dunno yet.

I'm planning on duals. I got a buddy with a buncha old exhaust pipes lying around. said whenever I was ready he'd help me fabricate something.

the sooner you can get me a set the better... I'm all for it. just keep me informed and find out what shipping would be. alls I needs are the outtsies as you know.

and on the wheel wells, it's just barely missing where I just can't quite get the bumper cover around the littlle metal piece... thanks tyrin.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 5:22 PM
yup. I got it. Rear fitted.

I'll stop wastin so much space here and just start updating my progress on my car domain site, might drop somethin here every now n then but we dont' need a buncha progress pics on here eh

Thursday, March 17, 2005 6:44 PM
Looking good arch, got any ideas for a space for your licence plate? Were I'm from we cant have our rear plate in the window cause it has to be lighted at night. I'd mold the plate into the trunk lid when you shave the inner tails.
As for wastting space here, lol have you seen the post in the photos and media forum called "starting the 98 vert" or somethinmg along the lines of that, its like 30 pages of this guy who just keeps on posting priogress pics its awesome some of the things he's done.
I see you ditched the wing too, any plans to put that back on? I dont really like big wings I have a factory sunbird GT spoiler I raised an inch it looks sweet.
Just a thought.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search