91 Cav. 3.1L wiring vs 95 2.2 Wiring -- Diagrams? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
91 Cav. 3.1L wiring vs 95 2.2 Wiring -- Diagrams?
Monday, March 14, 2005 8:33 PM
Hey everyone! I had started another topic on thie earlier. I am going to be going the swap in my 95 2.2 Sunfire to the 91 cav 3.1 V6 this winter. I don't think the swap will be much trouble at all except for the wiring.
Does anyone know what I will need to do for wiring? or where i could get a premade harness? I know I will have problems wiht my guage cluster and my computer. I am also going from the auto to 5 speed. my sunfire is 5 speed the 3.1 is auto. Just wondering what everyone knows what will need to be changed.
I know I will need to changed my idle sensor because the idle rpm is different from the auto to std but about 100-150 rpm. any info you can give me would be great guys! thanks in advance

ShowFire

Re: 91 Cav. 3.1L wiring vs 95 2.2 Wiring -- Diagrams?
Monday, March 14, 2005 9:12 PM
consolote a Haynes/Chiltons manual. they do acutally have good pics of wiring diagrams... at least they have something useful in them...

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 5:35 AM
I think you should do more research before you go into the swap.. There is no such thing as an "Idle sensor" your idle info is set by the memcal in the ECU.
Your best bet would probably be find a late model V6 5speed cav (93-94) and take the wiring harness and ECU from it. You can use an automatic harness but it will require some modding. You'll need to use the 5 speed memcal in the ecu but the ecu itself is the same between auto and manual.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 2:51 PM
haha sorry about the dile sensor thing, a guy i work with mentioned it to me. I wasn't paying enough attention i guess because he was actually talking about older trucks i guess. like late 70s early 80s. (I think) still wasn't apying attention haha. sorry I feel pretty dumb now.

ShowFire

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search