Black interior :D - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Black interior :D
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 6:19 PM
My Cousin gave me a call teh other day and told I can come over and take anything I wanted off his 94 cavy before he junked it cause of the motor and I needed the tail light harness and a few other minor pieces, so I went over to get the parts today and I noticed the car has a black interior so I striped the hole interior except the dash cause I like my sunbird dash and its already black. So now I have a full black interior and phase 2 door panels which I always wanted to swap into my sunbird cause I hate the look of the plane boring ones I had, I now have a black carpet and seat belts I've been searching for this for so long and I'm so excited my interior is almost done.
Also I wanted to take the front brakes caus ethere bigger but you need the spindles to do that but my cousin needs the car mobile to move it around when its done being stripped. So my plan was to take off my spindles and go over to my cousins and swap spindles so his car is still mobile and I get my bigger brakes, but I found a post on here that said the steering arm for the steering ball joint was located on the strut for pre 90 and was on the spindle for 91+ so I figured he would have no way to turn if I took the spindle but I looked at it today and the steering arm is on the strut just like mine so that post was wrong and screwed me out of bigger front brakes but now I'm looking into a full W body brake conversion.
Just felt like sharing my adventure of today.

Re: Black interior :D
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:41 PM
Nice. I wouldn't mind haveing a nice black interior. My grey one is pretty haggered.

]
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 5:59 AM
damn, I wish I had the stuff to do my interior. I like the z24 door panels better too buddy wish I could find some junkies around here. Maybe I need to make a day trip to a few yards. mmmm bigger brakes... lol.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:04 AM
The car was a Z22 but it had the Z24 seats and hood and he said thats factory on those (or like that from the dealer anyway, lol) the door panels are in great shape but they dont have the Z24 logo on them, but they still look 100x better than what I had ( I hate the stock plain flat door panels.) that will save me on buying vinyl to cover the hole door panel now cause I just need to cover that one little cloth piece on the door panel
I forgot to get the head liner but I'm going back today for it and I also got the stuff to give my car power windows so theres another thing off my mods list after today
I love this warm weather I can actually get outside and work on my car

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:14 AM
man, I'm so ticked off... all this week while I was at work it was beautiful, one day it was even hot outside. And come along my day off, guess what happens... the temp drops down and it rained earlier. I had planned to get out and start slappin on my bumpers. ha, I've been sanding them in the kitchen tho lol. what can you say when you're addicted, you're like a postman, neither rain nor snow nor sleet or somethin somethin...... I want new interior argh. get that headliner for sure, that'll save ya almost a hundred bucks to have new one put in.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 12:37 PM
well, its not like I have a hole roof to cover by mid summer, hehe
But still its going to save me lots on vinyl, now I only need enough to do my four 87 Honda prelude buckets and a a few little pieces on the doors and the rear passenger arm rests, but I cut th price down by about 1/3 by swaping in this interior and it looks tons better
And its still a little cold out side but not to bad so I'm painting my interior pieces in my basement, and finnishing my cowl hood down there. I made a full cowl, non Z24 it covers the hole hood and looks awesome I just got to put one more layer of fiberglass down and sand it and it'll be on the car too

Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:43 AM
The reason the car had to be mobile before was because my cousins neighbor wanted the raer axel out of it so they neede to rool it next door, but his neighbor dosent want it anymore so now I get the hole car But he said teh front brakes are in pretty bad shape, but if there not too bad I'll have bigger brakes
I love watching my mods list get smaller

Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:43 PM
check my interior out, pics are bad, but i got the best of both worlds

http://www.cardomain.com/id/nocho
there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who dont.
Thursday, March 17, 2005 6:54 PM
Quote:

i got the best of both worlds

What do you mean?

Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:31 PM
gray and black

http://www.cardomain.com/id/nocho
there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who dont.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search