Sound deadener - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sound deadener
Saturday, March 19, 2005 6:29 AM
Has anyone removed all that sound deadener stuff from there car? I am replacing my carpet with a black one today but I wont be putting it in until tommorow cause I have to go help my uncle change a motor today so today I'm just guttingmy car, but I was wondering how much sound does that actually stop? And I was told something about it being like an insulation so if I remove it and it gets cold outside will my floor be really cold? Anything else to consider before I put the carpe back in with or without it in there?
thanks

Re: Sound deadener
Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:11 AM
I never ripped any out, but I hear tell that it mainly dampens rattles and small chasis squeaks. But from what I understand it does serve a good deal of insulation to the undercarriage and I think that it would be noticable once it got cold out. off to primer bumpers

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Saturday, March 19, 2005 10:29 AM
if you wanna take it out yuo can just make shure you put some kinda sound dampining back in dynamat or somehting even car undercoating will work just make shure you dont get the asphault baised kind itl stink up your car wallmart has some undercoating for like 2 bucks a can id get like 3 4 cans and layer it on in light coats if ya dont itl take forever to dry

Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:38 AM
i agree with the undercoating smell. God that stuff stinks. my car smelled like it for a week. and i just did the trunk. wow.

that sound damping stuff works. i took mine out and the back seat area of my car rattles like a mofo. and when having a aftermarket exhuast don't really help much either.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:48 PM
theirs 2 downsides to deadening, 1 it hates to dry... 2 its extra weight, but for the most part theirs no reason at all to pull it out, dynamat is overpriced.... just stick with your stock lining....
Saturday, March 19, 2005 4:13 PM
yea i took mine out the past summer and its cold now in the winter. its like my feet will be cold but il have the heat up and the rest of my body is fine, i wouldnt really reccomend it unless u put something in its place but that would just be a waste of time, id just keep it in
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search