Help with my Fan? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help with my Fan?
Saturday, March 19, 2005 7:33 PM
something's not right now. after I changed my oil I took it for a spin and it was great, when I got back and killed the engine, as the fan slowed down I noticed it was wobbling so I figured I'd take it off and tighten it. I did and replaced it. now the fan is shaking abnormally in it's housing (tightened I'll add) and is noisy too, like vibrating throughout the vehicle. what'd I do?

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Re: Help with my Fan?
Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:44 PM
sounds like the bearing is shot that spins the blade... you might be able to go to a scrap yard for a new one...

Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:49 PM
so replacing the fan motor should ease my pain?

Sunday, March 20, 2005 9:09 AM
just replace the whole thing. the fan housing/motor/blade. get one from a junk yard.

Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:09 PM
I've probably gone through at least two fan set ups since I've owned the car. I won't sit here and complain about how it's nearly impossible for me to find time to scurry a yard, but I guess I need to... and now I'm having cooling problems on top of that. I checked it out and noticed it wasn't my heater core, I replaced my thermostat thinking that's all it was, even flushed my radiator the other day and put all new antifreeze and water in it. and it's still actin a fool. I saw today where I had left some antifreeze in the parking-lot, just under the radiator and fan, but have no idea where it's leaking. When I start my car it runs normal for a little wihle and once it gets warmed up it'll rise a bit... maybe to about halfway and most of the times hang for a minute or so and then drop completely back down to normal again. It did that as I drove home tonight but got three qrts of the way up. any ideas?

Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:32 PM
your radtior may be leaking... look for rust/or a burnt coolant substance on the side of the raditor. i blew a hole in mine about 1/4 big. i was impressed. i got up to 120+ when it said no more, i hate you, im blowing up now.

Monday, March 21, 2005 4:31 PM
I think my water pump may have kicked it. I'm pickin one up tomorrow and I'll soon find out what the problem is. Shaking, overheating, this n that. Not to mention I blew smoke this morning big time, but then it quit. I guess when I changed my oil, some got funky around one of my pistons and it burned off. nothing like going down the road and leaving HUGE fluffs of smoke behind ya. so now my body work is on hold til I get this crap smoothed out. arghness. oh, and I think I'm considering doing the engine swap sooner than I originally thought. So if you come accross a complete LT3 setup anytime soon, hit me up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search