I got my Body Kit - Page 2 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I got my Body Kit
Thursday, March 17, 2005 6:49 PM
looks good... keep us updated.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 8:05 PM
Mr.Efficiency (Tyrin) wrote:Looking good arch, got any ideas for a space for your licence plate? Were I'm from we cant have our rear plate in the window cause it has to be lighted at night. I'd mold the plate into the trunk lid when you shave the inner tails.
As for wastting space here, lol have you seen the post in the photos and media forum called "starting the 98 vert" or somethinmg along the lines of that, its like 30 pages of this guy who just keeps on posting priogress pics its awesome some of the things he's done.
I see you ditched the wing too, any plans to put that back on? I dont really like big wings I have a factory sunbird GT spoiler I raised an inch it looks sweet.
Just a thought.

that's actually exactly what I had planned. check out my concept on my domain site and you'll see what I planned out for my rear end. technically, we're supposed to have ours lit up as well at night... I may run the light that used to hang over it into my back window just so it can rule out there technicalities on pulling me over. at least until I get around to shaving the trunk and molding the plate in, can't wait but that's gonna have to be put off for a while. after the kit, hood and all my suspension parts I need to catch my breath with cash flow Not to mention I spent like over 50$ the other day just for stuff to do a complete tune up, which I haven't had time to get to yet. but hey, I've got plenty right now to keep my busy with it. I'm just glad parts started coming in. tomorrows my birthday and the timing couldn't be much better. I'm off to sand some more.

will do steng.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:25 PM
oh, and I think the wing will be back, once I start primering the kit, maybe before I have the sideskirts molded on... but since the weather is trying to decide on being beautiful, I may jump out there and get one more great waxing outta my paint job and line the primer grey right up against it

Friday, March 18, 2005 6:34 PM
what's up guys. I got around to rippin off my front bumper tonite. well, once I got to it I realized it was more than just ripping off. I soon found out in order to get the bumper cover off alone I had to remove my headlights/housing, grill, fenders... my cowl in order to get the fenders off. so I had to practically disassemble the front end. anyone vouch for that? any suggestions from this point? tomorrow I'm gonna go get a buncha primer and stuff so I can go ahead and primer it before I actually get it on, cause once it's on, there'll be no taking it off and putting it on all over again... too much work, where the rear was simple. but here are some pics of it at least resting in place on the front.

I appreciate you guys keepin up with my progress. when I originally rebuilt the front end I don't remember it being so much work lol. the front end is definately more complicated than the rear.

Friday, March 18, 2005 7:35 PM
you mean you have to take the fenders off at the same time? oh.. that creats problems

http://www.cardomain.com/id/nocho
there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who dont.
Friday, March 18, 2005 7:52 PM
rich H wrote:you mean you have to take the fenders off at the same time? oh.. that creats problems

nah, no problems. actually It wasn't entirely necessary, it was just easier to get to bolts that way. I'm just gonna put the fenders back in place, so I can line it up and get my hands in there to mark drilling guides. no problems at all, I was just making it harder than it had to be, as usual. it's no big deal. it was getting dark so I had to quit

Friday, March 18, 2005 9:06 PM
why did u take out the headlight brackets and stuff? all i did on mine was pull the pins and 4 bolts and she came right out.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 4:02 AM
It kind of looks like the bumper might be sitting a tad bit low in the front. Maybe its because its a mock up, or maybe because this kit isn't for your car (or am I mis-understanding here?) Anyway, when its molded in it looks like it will be hot on your car. Though I don't agree with the giant wing you're thinking of putting back on, but maybe that's just me.
Saturday, March 19, 2005 5:37 AM
steng... I dunno if there was a little difference between the bird and cav bumper cover or not. usually everything is identical but some things are very slightly different too. there were two bolts hiding that held the bumper cover and fender together and maybe I didn't have to go that far but it made it a lot easier. Im sure I didn't have to take off the fenders or the brackets but hey, I did, what can ya do.

Wraith... it's not sitting too low, it's just resting in those pics... neither the bumper nor the fenders are bolted down in those pics and nothing is lined up yet. like I said, it was getting dark so I just left it where it was. I'm about to go out there right now and start working on it. and yeah, the scorpion wing is sometimes a bit much for most peoples' tastes, but I've never claimed to do anything in life according to everyone elses liking, if anything I try to be as different as possible. personal opinion, no biggie. at least it's not a double decker alluminum JDM wing or something.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 6:19 AM
I see you've got a fair bit of colors in your front end, lol looks good though I cant wait to see it all put back together. And the only thing I dont like about the wing is how high it is its a pretty cool design but I'd like it alot more if it was a few inches shorter, but like you said, just personal opinion.
Now you have to lower your car

Saturday, March 19, 2005 2:20 PM
Well, all I can say is, welcome to the world of custom cars. Honestly, you can not come into this hobby expecting to buy parts that are going to be perfect right off the bat. Most aftermarket body parts don't fit with perfect fitment right out of the box. You have to understand that not every car is exactly the same, whether it be proportional or otherwise. Years of driving can, in fact, cause a body to change shape, even in a fraction of an inch. Yea, it's going to piss anyone off, but it happens.

On another note, cars lookin good. Lemme know when it's done so I can do the sig ;]

Saturday, March 19, 2005 4:18 PM
Do you actually drive this car? Or is it a show car? Cause if you actually drive it, lowering it might not be a good idea. The body kit looks like it will lower it significantly by itself.
Saturday, March 19, 2005 7:31 PM
tyrin- yeah, when I first rebuilt the front end, I used metalic blue cavi fenders (with white junk yard writing on it that wouldn't come off) and hood, a lighter blue cavi cowl and the bird was originally two toned with the gray on the bottom. I'd say there were about 4 different colours before it was painted. under the hood is still blue and the parts of the fenders that hide under the hood still blue. rebuilt it in high school... caught a lotta crap about it, people always said it was so patriotic of me.

J- yeah, I'm quite aware that things are custom for a reason and aren't always perfect. but I've covered all that in this post already, but I've been making it work out. I'll get some pics soon when I finally get the front on. primered the bumpers today and the rear is finished. ran outta daylight with the front. plus I flushed my radiator and changed my oil today, took a little time from the kit.

Wraith- yeah, it's a daily-driver/ show-car to-be. When I lower it, the lowest part of the kit will sit almost right at 4inches from the ground. I'm only lowering it about an inch with eibach pro kit springs. in some of these pics of the rear here it's actually sitting on a hilly part of my yard where it looks lower than it is... which is about where it'll sit when it actually is lowered. I'm not going drastic, and I am a cautious person so I'll stick with smoother roads and watch myself.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 7:52 PM
goodbye fiberglass blue... hello primer grey...

Saturday, March 19, 2005 7:55 PM
you definately dont need to touch the fenders or cowl for the front bumper.

you can access the bolts once the lights and grille are out. and if you still cant get to the bolts a little tip would be to unbolt the splash guards in the front wheelwells and reach your arm in that way.
Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:19 PM
Looks hot Arch. Like someone else said, you have to get duel exhaust now!
Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:45 PM
yea that stock muffler don't look good in there. lmmfao.

nice work. glad to see you keep at it.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:14 AM
Post pics when you get it painted

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search