'94 cavi Dies all of a sudden. HELP - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
'94 cavi Dies all of a sudden. HELP
Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:41 PM
On my way to my friends house to weld a hole in my exhaust, I was just going down the road, and i noticed i was slowing down (slight grade in the road maybe 5 so i gave it some gas and it just slowed down even faster sounded like it was running, but it wasnt. i let off the gas then it died, now it wont start.
while the car was slowing down it sounded like the car was like in 2 gear idling down from driving speed. I smell fuel, just changed coil packs.
Can plug wire all of a sudden quit on you going down the road?
if not wut else could it be?
btw my car did not throw a code.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer

Re: '94 cavi Dies all of a sudden. HELP
Thursday, March 24, 2005 6:29 PM
Did you change the ignition module as well? Check to see if you are getting spark and fuel to the engine.

http://cavalierman93.googlepages.com/

Re: '94 cavi Dies all of a sudden. HELP
Friday, March 25, 2005 1:31 PM
Well swapped some plug wires from a known good vehicle, gettin nice hot, blue spark. Also changed the fuel filter. The car is getting fuel to the motor. We noticed a small leak around the inlet side of the fuel rail. This wouldnt cause a no start condition.
All the car does is crank and crank, until you put your fut on the gas pedal then it backfires thru the throttle body shooting a nice little flame out of it.
it seems as if the engine is out of time, but I just replaced timing gears, chain, and tensioner. everything was installed and torqued properly.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search