A Change of Mind - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A Change of Mind
Thursday, March 24, 2005 2:13 PM
You know, until I found forums like this, 660, v6z24 etc. I despised my crappy cav... All I wanted to do was save up enough money to buy a better car; I was even thinking of going Japaneese *ducks* But after reading and researching, I've seen the potential in my currently crappy car.

So now I've come up with a plan for most of what I want to do to my car. I've drawn out a rough sketch of what I want to do:

Here

It looked better before I inked it, but its an idea. Here's the mods:

-Custom R34 kit
-Custom gauge pod
-Fiberglass speaker enclosures in both A pillars
-Fiberglass Speaker enclosure behind back seats
-Fiberblass Woofer enclosure in trunk
-Upgraded seats etc.

I still don't know about what engine yet, it would really depend on what I can find and how cheap I can get it. All work would be done by me.

So what do you guys think?

Re: A Change of Mind
Thursday, March 24, 2005 2:29 PM
good luck sounds like alot of work and alot of money but i'm sure it can be done.
Thursday, March 24, 2005 6:12 PM
It wouldnt be too much work I havent put a ton of money into my car and I've almost achived my goal car, theres a drawing of it in my sig. All I have left to do is finnishe the cowl, front bumper and a few other little things. It just depends on who you know and your ability with fiberglass or just building things in general. I've done all the work to my car since I got it. And for motor I recomend a 2.0 turbo, but the 60 degree v6's are pretty good to, especially if you can find one with turbo.
Good to see the change of heart wraith, good luck with the project.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 9:26 PM
I'm pretty confident that I can do pretty much all of the glassing myself. The body kit may be a struggle, but I think I can handle it. Make sure to post pics of your cowl hood when you get it finished Tyrin, I've been dieing to see it since the first time I saw your sig.
Thursday, March 24, 2005 9:40 PM
Its almost finished, I have it on the car and it looks awesome but I'm not going to put up picks until I put on another layer of fiberglass, get it all smooth and prefect, I also still have to mold in my GT fender flares I'm getting next wednesday, then I'll prime the hole car and take pics of everything and post em I cant wait I'm so close to completion, but I've got a few other projects on the go right now and I want to get my interior finnsihed first so its not crowding up my space anymore and its all in the car. I should have the car in primer by the end of April.
Anyways enough about my car, When your doing all the work to your car I found it easiest to make a list of all the exterior mods, interior mods, engine mods and a list of parts/materials to do it all and just cross it all off as you go, I found it made it a lot easier to focus on what your doing if your more organized and have all the parts and stuff you nee to do it first and you can work out costs and stuff to from your lists and fiqure out what you can do each day, I always try to get at least one mod off my list a week or four mods depending how much time I've had to work on the car and how big the mod is, and a goal drawing always helps to like you have above.

Thursday, March 24, 2005 9:57 PM
my cardomain site has all my stuff listed out. it's in need of organizing but I always cross it off as I go. I keep a saved file of parts I've bought and rounded off prices of everything down to the nitty of the gritty as they say. I also keep a resealable bag with all the warranties I obtain along with every receipt, itemized, priced and dated. Along with a concept pic of my car which also has crossed out random lists on it. My new suspension all sits in it's appropriate boxes in the floor as it gathers parts to complete it. once I have it all, it all goes in together. Didn't start my body kit til I got most of it sanded down and primed. Always do things in groups like that. And set goals for the bigger mods and plan out the savings on them. Then just do smaller mods in the meantime, by the time it rolls around, it's time for the bigger stuff and you're ready. Planning out is the most important part. And the second most important part is... if you're gonna do it, do it right. Don't rush yourself. for instance cutting or torching springs will get you no where... we won't even mention that topics ha.

oh... and during planning, give yourself room for setbacks... or as I like to call them... sudden oportunities

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Thursday, March 24, 2005 10:00 PM
If you are interested in new suspension. I reccomend the link in my sig

]
Friday, March 25, 2005 6:47 PM
Thats pretty cool, nice job now I know I have more options when it come to shocks
I got one question on that though, the steering arm is on teh strut on a second gen and on the spindle on a third gen, so wouldnt the koni's be missing the arm for the steering arm to connect? Maybe I just misunderstood your FAQ?

Saturday, March 26, 2005 12:52 AM
koni's are an insert, not a complete strut. you just mod the 2nd gen housing to fit the koni into it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search