Flush mount radio in phase 2 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Flush mount radio in phase 2
Thursday, February 17, 2005 7:48 PM
does anyone have their head unit flush mounted in a phase 2 cavalier? if so do you have pics and how hard was it. I had mine almost flush but I just couldnt get that last bit.

2009 Ford Mustang V6

Re: Flush mount radio in phase 2
Friday, February 18, 2005 9:34 AM
You mean instead of having it stick out like an inch or so? I don't see how it would be possible using a full depth receiver without removing some of the HVAC ductwork.

Friday, February 18, 2005 10:57 AM
I mean I had the shallow mount on it now that way it barely sticks out. but I want to mount it all the way flush. I hate having it stick out it's so crappy looking with it like that. I just figured I would ask if anyone has figured out a way. I think I could possibly heat up the heat duct and kinda push it back. that would prolly work but not sure.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Friday, February 18, 2005 3:30 PM
I'd have too ask Scott which installation kit I used, but I also amost got mine completely flush. I think the radio stuck out maybe 1/8th too 1/16th, but that was because the damn CD changer connector took up some room, otherwise I could have gone completely flush.

Curtis
91' Turbo Z24
http://www.turboz24.com
Friday, February 18, 2005 5:10 PM
where in the 1.5 DIN opening is everyone mounting their radios?
would there be more spacing in back if the head got mounted at the bottom of the opening?
i really would hate having my new deck sticking waaaaaaay out and don't much care about placement...

Have you seen the turbo wagon?

14.069 @ 98.91mph
229.1hp & 261.7ft/lbs @ 6psi
no tuning time
Friday, February 18, 2005 7:49 PM
Theres a plastic brace that goes between the sides of the console almost directly behind the opening. I had to take mine out to plug in all my RCAs. Moving it to the bottom of the opening and removing the brace might free up some more space.

Friday, February 18, 2005 9:24 PM
I cut that rear brace too clear my radio.

Curtis
91' Turbo Z24
Friday, February 18, 2005 10:58 PM
does anyone have any pics to show me? Thanks for the info to everyone

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Saturday, February 19, 2005 6:16 AM
just go outside and pull all the plastic off and use your brain... start figuring way to mount it.... WIth f/g and other things your limits are none........ Just use your imagination... I'm making my cd play flush mount with a 5" DVD screen bellow it and my HVAC in my dash pocet and my PS2 where my cup holders is... once I'm done i will post pics...
Sunday, February 27, 2005 11:13 AM
Sunday, February 27, 2005 2:19 PM
http://turboz24.com/Pics/Radio_1.JPG

There is an old and poorly focused pic, but that's all I got. The radio since then was stolen, so haven't replaced it as of yet. I could have mounted it a little more flush, except the connector for the CD Changer was pretty long and was directly on the back of the case.

Curtis
91' Turbo Z24

Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:07 PM
I got it flush mounted finally. I needed to put a bulb in my hvac panel cause it burnt out. So I got bored started exploring and cutting and about 25 minutes later it was in and done lol. looks so much better flush. thanks for your help everyone!

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:33 PM
Here are a couple pics of it mounted in the car flush tell me what you think of it.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Friday, March 11, 2005 7:29 AM
How about like this:

Dan

YEP, my 60' times suck

247HP/267ftlbs at 13psi with built motor

Project updates and stuff: www.clubhousecustoms.com
email: dhc1902@yahoo.com
Friday, March 11, 2005 3:15 PM
ok or that lol. I am happy I got mine to come out how it is! looks undescribably better flush mounted lol.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:32 PM
Huh...

Just a quick question...

Where is your rear defrost switch located? on mine it's right under the A/C button.

(BTW, my radio sticks out about an inch, hope they fired that engineer
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 9:58 PM
if you guys have a metra dealer in town, try a 99-4544 universal GM kit, use the kit with the EQ pushout, put that at the top and the deck at the bottom, i'ma try that with my screen next.

1st 1st gen on air.....

Thursday, March 31, 2005 9:54 AM
Mine fit flush, but I have a pioneer.. I hear their decks are short. I never had a problem

Thursday, March 31, 2005 11:41 AM
I have a Pioneer, and it wont mount flush.
Thursday, March 31, 2005 2:10 PM
weird.. Look here. Mine is flush.

Thursday, March 31, 2005 2:55 PM

The picture is really bad, but you can see how far it sticks out.

And I must say psquare75, your interior is SO obnoxious... I LOVE it!

Saturday, April 02, 2005 8:04 AM
Mine's the same way Wraith with my Sony. I think the player casing is just too long to fit flush.
Thursday, April 07, 2005 1:30 PM
I want better pics of those kickers. Mine for right now sticks out horribly, i have a lot of other stuff to get done first, then i go to making it purdy.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/nocho
there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who dont.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search