Throwing the Hurricane Hood out the Window - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Throwing the Hurricane Hood out the Window
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:51 PM
well scratch that f*cking idea. I can't use the hood. everything was perfect and I overlooked one of the main things. I feel little bit like an idiot, so don't give me "told ya so's". there is no contour in it at all. and there's no way I can heat that fiberglass up enough without stressing it to add the contour (as if i could possibly give it the right contour anyway). So, my buddy and I stood around for about 45 minutes just thinking over n over.

I might luck out. there's a guy that has a Z24 with a blown head a few miles from me literally sitting in a field. As it goes to my knowledge the hood is cowl induc- dual vented.... almost identical to the hurricane hood. Hell, the way it was described it could be the exact same hood or a clone. and I might luck out enough that I could get the entire car for nothing, but all I'm shooting for is the hood. If I luck out and get the entire car I got a Z24 donar on my hands- havn't seen it yet though. Gonna talk to the guy who owns it tomorrow. So, I'm gonna be looking to sell my hurricane hood, prepped and primed.

But in the meantime, I basically already sold my old engine, for just under $700. so that's that much less that I'm putting into it. everything else seems to be going smoothly, just checked out the hood tonight and ran into that. So, I'm somewhat pissed, but at the same time could luck out. I'll see tomrrow.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Re: Throwing the Hurricane Hood out the Window
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:35 PM
what do u mean no coutour? like its not rounded enuff or what?

When in doupt, grub.
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:38 PM
P.S. let me know i might wanna trade ya straight across for my Z hood.

When in doupt, grub.
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:56 PM
let me see if I can say what I'm sayin here. the hood is straight. let's say it's bolted to the hinges... it'll sit straight and not contour down in the front. in other words it should curve but this hood... which should be made from the same mold as the exact hood used to promote it... is STRAIGHT

let me find out tomorrow about this z hood. get back with ya

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search