Honda Body Kit - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Honda Body Kit
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:05 PM
I was just wondering, would a body kit for like a 93 Accord fit on our cars? My neighbor's Accord looks to be almost the same size as my cav, so I was just wondering if you could fit a kit for an Accord on our car without having to shorten/lengthen it. I know there would have to be some modification, but would it need severe modification?

Re: Honda Body Kit
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:42 PM
just buy one made for our cars....

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:47 PM
Yes.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:48 PM
Well, I don't actually like any of them made for our cars... Plus I've heard horrible reports about every company that makes them for our generation. So I was going to make my own, but if one for another car would fit without having to bassically redo the entire kit, I'd use it.

I'm also thinking of maybe modifying an Onderground Survivor kit to get what I want.
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 6:30 PM
i have the survior. i think its one of the best ones...

Hurricane and Survior are the only ones worth it.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 7:43 PM
I took a honda Civic Black WIdow body kit. I had to customize it, but anything else besides those made for our cars, you will probally have to modify it.
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:06 PM
I read an article a while back about a guy taking a 93 kit and putting it on his 2nd gen. he had to cut it down the middle and make it could inchs wider and I dont think they are long enough either. I think he fell short about 3" from the fender well line... if your decent at f/g work then its not hard or I should say not impossible but other wise its to complicated...
Thursday, April 14, 2005 11:56 AM
hey do they still make the survivor kit, i want one bad but doesnt onderground make it
Thursday, April 14, 2005 1:03 PM
Onderground makes it. They don't make a whole kit for it, but if you click on Front Bumpers it will show up. You'll just have to piece the rest of it together with another kit.

I don't mind having to do some work on it, but I don't know that I want to go through the trouble of having to extend, or certainly not shorten, a kit made for another car... Maybe I will just go ahead and make my own.
Sunday, April 17, 2005 5:21 AM
the survivor is just a modified sport front end... and they were ... until they redid their site, packaging the survivor front end with the sport sides and back

i never had a problem with onderground... my kits been on my car for 2 years... my car is the one on their website... before i modded the hell out of everything (widebody, headlights/grille)

Sunday, April 17, 2005 5:24 AM
oh ya... most of the second gen J kits can be found here...

http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/viewtopic.php?t=64247&sid=0aca8130598acc4554c08d62bd61e296

it was pointed out that all three of the onderground kits, the diza, and FX kits were all on there by the 5th reply.... hehe guess us body people stick together...

Sunday, April 17, 2005 5:32 AM
damn enter button and lack of edit functionality... did not mean to make three posts...

To the originial poster... ive heard of several people doing it... so i know its possible... but if you do that... u might as well chop the frame to the rad support and weld on a honda replacement frame... that way everything bolts on and aligns with minimal modifications .... i was thinkin of me going with an Tegra type R frame at one point...

I am done now... *note to self: Edit would be nice*

Sunday, April 17, 2005 8:18 AM
I still have a black widow (II)? bumper from a Civic or something lying around here somewhere. It's just too wide for a 2nd gen, if you cut it in half, take out a couple of inches in the center and then mold it back together, it should fit pretty well. The two pieces that come up next to the grill on Honda's have already been cut off to help fit the 2nd gen. If you want it, I'll sell it to you real cheap, it's just taking up space.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search