2nd gen major idle problems - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2nd gen major idle problems
Sunday, April 17, 2005 2:05 PM
ok, i have a '91 cavalier 2.2, auto. when i start it up, the rpm,s go way low and starts jumping and missing real bad as if it were to stall. now when i go to pull out, it won't go for the first 3 seconds the it takes off all of a sudden. as long as i have my foot on the gas it runs the way it should but as soon as a take my foot off the gas or come to a stop the rpm's go way down and it starts to miss and spudder like it's gonna stall. any body have any ideas as to what the problem is? i changed the fuel filter because that was my first guess plus it was a cheap part, i put new plugs/wires in it but the problem still exists. my guesses are fuel injector/pump, ignition coil(s), or maybe just a sensor, but check engine light never came on. was thinking maybe i have a leak at the throttlebody or the intake, cause i changed the head gasket about 5 weeks ago and the bolts could have possibly worked there way loose. thanx in advance for all the help guys.

People say that what doesn't kill you in this life
will make you stronger. I'm not sure if that is true
or not, but i do know one thing-You have to learn from
it and it has to make you better.......it has to.......

Re: 2nd gen major idle problems
Sunday, April 17, 2005 4:14 PM
probably your ICM. or maybe a coil pack.

i know mine sucked in the rain. would hardly go anyware when it rained...
well the coil pack went out because it was either cracked or had a defect in it.

so now it sits on 2cyl. 'cause im too lazy to fix it anymore, i just bought a new car, and mitch needs to buy it... (lmmfao.... im lazy)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search