New Cav Owner Questions - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Cav Owner Questions
Sunday, April 17, 2005 5:26 PM
Ok here it goes. I am buying a 1991 Cavalier RS Coupe 5spd. I have been looking for performance parts and not had a whole lot of luck. Maybe I am searching for the wrong thing? Can some one point me in the right direction so I can get started with some basics.....CAI.....exhaust....etc..... I dont want to get into anything too heavy too fast......still learning about the cav and its engine.....but any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Re: New Cav Owner Questions
Sunday, April 17, 2005 5:57 PM
welcome to j-bodys your going to have a hard time finding parts. a couple of places that offer parts for are cars are RSM racing, Mantapart motor sports, and J-body proformance something or another. sorry dont remember the last part of that one. and other than that you'll have to do alot of coustom work but you have a cavalier now so get use to it.
Sunday, April 17, 2005 6:09 PM
There are some links in the stickies. Make sure you read them first. Not a lot of aftermarket parts for these cars.

http://cavalierman93.googlepages.com/

Sunday, April 17, 2005 7:05 PM
there's more out there than you think, but you have to look for it all, research just like the rest of us have. We are a group of enthusisasts, so we don't mind helping each other out with most things from time to time... but we also like to help those more who try helping themselves as well. We have all spent many hours just finding the right stuff we were looking for. and like Evan said, a lot of custom work goes into our J's as well. I dunno how you came across the org, but you couldn't be at any better place for your j-body than here. also check out V6Z24 and regester there. some of us have accounts in both places. Welcome to the org. we all drank gasoline when we were kids.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Monday, April 18, 2005 3:39 PM
If I were you, I'd start with the suspension. Work from the ground-up, so to speak. I just finished upgrading mine ('90 Cav 2.2 5spd) and the change is incredible. Eibach springs, KYB GR-2's, 15 alloys (had 13's), and the massive sway bars and tower bar from a 90 Z24. Pound for pound, no performance enhancement is more satifying than a rock-solid supsension.

Check the sticky and use the search engine, there's good stuff to be found.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search