Sunbird Special Edition? FACTORY FG KIT? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sunbird Special Edition? FACTORY FG KIT?
Sunday, May 01, 2005 7:24 AM
I was at the junk yard on saturday and there is a sunbird that says special edition and has a fiber glass lip kit and it looks sick! Anyone know or have any pics of this in its prime?

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible

Re: Sunbird Special Edition? FACTORY FG KIT?
Sunday, May 01, 2005 7:52 AM
wow im interested in that, i have never heard of 1. i'll have to search for it somewhere, nice find tho

1989 Pontiac Sunbird GT.. soon to be a 13 second car
Sunday, May 01, 2005 8:23 AM
Sunday, May 01, 2005 9:41 AM
i've seen one already. they were just basic sunbird se cars w/ special dealer add-ons available through gm.

People say that what doesn't kill you in this life
will make you stronger. I'm not sure if that is true
or not, but i do know one thing-You have to learn from
it and it has to make you better.......it has to.......

Sunday, May 01, 2005 10:28 AM
either way, I wanna see... I haven't heard of or seen this before and am quite shocked that I knew nothing about it. I say get it and restore it!

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Sunday, May 01, 2005 3:07 PM
^^^ i second that, then sell it to me

1989 Pontiac Sunbird GT.. soon to be a 13 second car
Sunday, May 01, 2005 3:11 PM
Its probably just one of those JC whitney bumper cover kits and some dealer rice tags

Monday, May 02, 2005 6:18 AM
No way, this thing is in no way a rice car. No painted dash, pro paint job and install. Looks like factory, it had some spanish name but it has NY everything. I will get pics, I wonder if the guy will sell it for 100 bux. it looks sweet!

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible
Monday, May 02, 2005 1:35 PM
never heard of one....rarest sunbird i ever saw was a 1st gen 2.0 turbo sedan..all factory. never saw a turbo sedan before

WARNING: I bring nothing to the table.

Monday, May 02, 2005 2:56 PM
rarest is actualy the sunbird turbo in my town. its an 87 turbo 5 speed wagon. from everything i have read, they never made it. i decoded the vin, and it even says its a wagon, 2.0l turbo.

Monday, May 02, 2005 3:59 PM
sharkey wrote:rarest is actualy the sunbird turbo in my town. its an 87 turbo 5 speed wagon. from everything i have read, they never made it. i decoded the vin, and it even says its a wagon, 2.0l turbo.

wicked, a 2.0l 5speed turbo, sunbird wagon. kinda like area 57... it was never there, but obviously it was.

but still, I want to see pics of this sunbird with the special factory kit. hey fontana, did you see any evidence of it being a turbo and what year model would you say it was? I've searched since you posted about it but have come up with bupkiss... so if we had pics maybe it'd give us a better idea of it. but how you described it, it sounds wicked.

I still say offer a hundred bucks for it and restore it. that'd be MINT!!!!!
You'd have one of the rarest (at least factory standards) bird I'd ever heard of!

Monday, May 02, 2005 4:55 PM
did it look anything like this:

Monday, May 02, 2005 5:56 PM
I've seen that bird around... that's just a run of the mill razzi kit isn't it?

if that's all this sunbird is then I'm no longer mystified.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 1:08 PM
I bet its just something like the pic above, probobly someone just kitted a sunbird and then broke something, like a motor and sent it off to the wreckers. Just because it has a "pro paintjob" and is installed to its perfection dosent mean its factory, and you cant tell if its not a rice car just cause the dash isnt painted. But I'd still like to see pics of it cause you never know, but I still say its aftermarket.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search