jbodyperformance... - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
jbodyperformance...
Sunday, May 01, 2005 6:45 PM
Has anyone ever ordered anything from this place? I was wondering about quality and stuff like that. I know it's a little late but i ordered their Mild-cast rebuild kit from them almost 3 weeks ago and i still haven't seen it. Any comments? Not about my shipping problems but about JBODYPERFORMANCE. thanks

Brian

Keep watching, good things to come!

Re: jbodyperformance...
Sunday, May 01, 2005 7:50 PM
well, i ordered a 3x00 engine adapter plate and a 2000+ egr adapter plate from them back around november, waited over 2 monthes before finally getting my parts only to find that my egr adapter plate didnt fit properly and my 3x00 engine mount adapter plate wasnt made right either so i had to send both parts back to them at my expense. then had to wait another month before finally gettin my parts from them only to find that the engine mount adapter plate holes still didnt line up with the holes in either my 3100 or my 3400 engines. but the egr plate was perfect the second time around atleast..

after a efew emails and hate mails they started ignoring me. and after finally flaming them on the v6z24 forums. and domesticcrew.660 forum i finally got them to say they would atleast give me a credit for my shipping costs that i had to pay to send their parts back. which is only fair.

all in all with the exception of having to modify the holes in my engine mount bracket. i would have to say that otherwise their products seem of pretty nice quality and their customer service seems to be a 50/50 deal . i say customer service is 50 /50 only because it seemed i got a repsonse from somebody with a tough @!#$ kind of attitude and after a few emails i got another response that had a totally different attitude to it. more like a proper customer service response should be.

as for whether or not i truly have a credit with them or not i have no clue as i havent ordered anything from them since my last experience.

my only suggestion is if you havent got your parts yet email them and ask whats up. they replied to me pretty quick most times they got back the same day, but i seemed to get a lot of quirky excuses for my 2 month wait.

good luck
mitch
Sunday, May 01, 2005 10:29 PM
Have been dealing with Mev for many years, no complaints at all

Monday, May 02, 2005 3:13 PM
I have had a bad experience with there engine mounts as well, front mount they used a different thread pattern and didn't tell me, or didn't include the nuts to there $200 MOUNTS!!!! It probably costs them $30 for them to be filled, and they use the OLD mounts!!! mine even had some old rust on it. For that price one would think that it would come sand blasted and even painted!!! Which it wasn't. FFP offers a poly filled billet dogbone for 90USD. JBP is like 199cnd. Who wants to bet that it's a old @!#$ty stock mount filled with a couple of ounces of poly.

Anyways, I bought 3 mount on there grand opening over 1.5 years ago. So far I have recieved 1 mount.... if your worried about 3 weeks...
I think there problem is they don't stock anything, and build up orders.
Sure my experience is different because I bought the product before they were developed but all it is is filled. I am not sure if the problem is they don't have the money or what. I did send some very nasty emails last summer as I was getting frustrated with them. I recieved 1 front mount and was waiting for the rear adn the dogbone even though they sent me an email saying in a few weeks the other mounts will be available. I kept on them and still do.
I don't mind mev but this expierence will not let me encourage me to promote them or put buisness cards in my photo book. And I will probably avoid them in the future. But some things you cannot find elsewhere...

Custom is the only way!
Monday, May 02, 2005 3:25 PM
that is the major problem. You can find these parts anywhere else. There fore they know they have a lead on you. Though I havent delt with them myself but plan on buying their wild forged engine crate.
Monday, May 02, 2005 6:33 PM
I had the same problem with the mounts as Zenar. I ordered all three, got the front one, and waited about a month before I started calling. Then they kept giving me the run around saying that they had changed suppliers several times, etc. This went on for another month or so. I gave them three more weeks. I called them and cancelled my mount order and bought their "short shifter". I got it and it was no different than the stock piece, except it had a pretty aluminum knob. I contacted them about it, and they said it was .030" different than the stocker........um...... 30 thou????? How does that qualify it as a short shifter? I tried to return it and they wouldn't let me, but told me to send them pictures of my car and tell them how great the shifter worked for me. I sold it on ebay.

I won't order from them again. I list them on the same list as Mantapart, overpriced with bad service.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005 6:25 AM
Ive been dealing with JBP for a little over a year now. theyre customer service is excellent. i always get a call back when i leave a message, the same goes for email.

I love their products and ideas.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search