JBP's Crate Engine. WHAT CAN IT HANDLE?! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
JBP's Crate Engine. WHAT CAN IT HANDLE?!
Monday, May 02, 2005 3:29 PM
I called JBP and asked their price for their Wild forged custom crate engine. They told me it might come out at 220 HP on the dyno and said it wasn't made to be N.A. so I asked what shot of nos could it take. they said about 50.... 50 is small. paying 11G for an engine you expect it to perform at the 300-400 mark. I want to blow these GT mustangs away.... 50 shot! come on being forged you think this engine can take more? go to www.jbodyperformance.com and tell me if you think this engine is worth my time and effort or could I dedicate my money for a different race car?

Re: JBP's Crate Engine. WHAT CAN IT HANDLE?!
Friday, May 06, 2005 8:18 AM
Quote:

paying 11G for an engine you expect it to perform at the 300-400 mark.

$11,000!?! @!#$ for a little over half that price you can get abuilt 350 sb that puts out 435hp. For 11g's that motor better be able to handle 500-600 hp and torque.

Friday, May 06, 2005 9:01 AM
rebuild a 3.1 with 3x00 top end sh!t and get your own cam..... custam burned prom... you should be golden to slap around 5.0's

chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Friday, May 06, 2005 10:28 AM
after having a look at is, its a pretty stout motor. they are using a custom crank, as its stroked to 3.8l. there is a lot of custom work in there, and yes, i beleive the motor is workth close to 11g canadian. im building a motor thats about half what that is, and by the time im done itll have 4g into it, and thats building it myself. you have to figure in labor to, and it takes a lot of time to build an engine like that.

not they said its not ment to be na, and it may push 220hp on the dyno. im expecting 200hp from my motor, and its only a little 2.8. my guess is that motor could be 220-240hp. however, if its set up with low compression for boost, that would explain the lower hp.

Monday, May 09, 2005 9:35 AM
if I paid 11,000 Can (or about 8000ish US), I would expect it too produce enough HP too tear itself out of the car. I would expect it too do nothing short of put a stock curb weight Cav into the low 11's for that kind of cash, if not faster.

Curtis
91' Turbo Z24
http://www.turboz24.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search