need help with the swap - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need help with the swap
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 12:00 PM
hello, im pretty much new into the whole j body thing. Im running a 91 cavalier with the 2.2 and a 5 speed. I bought a 88 z-24 the other day for the doghouse, and the 2.8 engine. Can anyone tell me what all i need to do to complete this swap, will the engine bolt up to my 5 speed tranny, what about wiring and mounts thanks

Re: need help with the swap
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 1:00 PM
The engine will bolt up to your trans, to do the swap you need the motor and everything to run it, waal the wiring and ecm etc has to be swapped as well. I'm not sure if the fuel pump is the same or not but if its diffrent that also has to be changed. wiring isn't so bad if the dash is the same on both cars, and I'm pretty sure your 91 has a newer dash than the 88, so all the under dash wiring has to be swapped as well. If the dash is the same all you need to do is un plug the plug at the firewall on each side and take all the wiring from teh engine bay then on the passenger side of the car on the inside there is a little harness that goes from teh plug in the firewall to the ECM, that has to be swapped over with the wiring in the engine bay.
I'm not quite sure what to do if the dashes are diffrent wiring wise.

Re: need help with the swap
Thursday, May 12, 2005 10:21 AM
does anyone have the wiring diagrams for this swap, any advice or anything to help with this swap, hoping to have it done soon. thanks
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search