DRL - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DRL
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 6:58 PM
i need help please. I want to know how to disable my drl on my 91 sunbird. I dont know much about cars but i am trying to learn and this is a mod i desperatly need

Re: DRL
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 10:17 PM
DRL relay...e-brake up one click..i dunno Fuse
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 7:38 AM
i do do that for now, but then teh stupid light come on my dash saying my ebrake is on and i hate it. I looked and cant find a fuse for it :S
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 10:31 AM
On a 90 sunbird I had a while back it had a little black box in the front half of the drivers front fender, and that was the DRL's I dont know how you would go about disabling it but I know thats were they are, I'm not sure how its hooked up, try un pluging it and see if the lights still work, if so then you have removed your DRL's if the lights dont work then teh box is inline to the headlights and will have to be by passed. And I'm not quite sure how you'd do that, I'm no wiring expert.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:40 PM
where the e brake handle goes there is a switch that grounds when e brake is on ground it perminantly and take out the bulb.....done

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 11:44 PM
IF im corect it is in the courtosy fuse
Thursday, May 05, 2005 7:01 AM
Hi James

http://www.lightsout.org/

Try this-- at your own risk, of course.

Follow the link and then the articles on DISABLE at the base of the page.

Hope it helps anyway

Alont
Saturday, May 07, 2005 1:47 AM
COURTESY FUSE!!!!
Saturday, May 07, 2005 7:48 PM
For a 91 Sunbird LE, remove the fuse under the dash labelled "FOG" and then it will disable the drl's in your car. As for any dash cluster lights turning on there is none that turn on.
Monday, May 09, 2005 7:46 AM
sweet deal i ripped the fog fuse out and no more DRl's thanx mang.
Saturday, May 14, 2005 5:11 PM
why do u even want to kill this feature anyway

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/828063

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search