Fuel consumption - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel consumption
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 10:15 PM
my 94 2.2 auto sure uses alot of fuel. i got 360ish kilometers out of $40, at 93.9 a litre..is this normal what can i do about it?

Re: Fuel consumption
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 10:09 PM
anyone?
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 11:42 PM
i think i get helllaaaa more outta my car....next time illcheck, i got a 92 4door i got for $300 (and this sunday i get a crx for $100)
Thursday, May 05, 2005 9:32 AM
When I fill my tank, it can usually last me almost 3 weeks...

Thursday, May 05, 2005 1:53 PM
well it all depends on how you drive....whether its highway, city, or what ever. and it also depends on how you drive..if you only feather the gas pedal youl get the much much better gas milage than if you were to have a lead foot. i pay $2.20 or so a gallon. i drive about 10 miles to work everyday and my tank can last at least 2 weeks if im easy on the pedal....if i drive like a maniac i can use that up in like 4-5 days
Friday, May 06, 2005 5:32 PM
ya OBVIOUSLY i know this how u drive story..im lookin for a real answer here i baby it, and its city drivin....WHY DOES IT USE SO MUCH GAS?
Saturday, May 07, 2005 1:50 AM
i would swap some fluids to make the car function with less resistance, (trans, oil), tune up so the car uses the gas more efficiently and if that fails goto walmart and pay 40 or 50$ to get the whole fuel system flushed and cleaned (before that also check the fuel filter)
Saturday, May 07, 2005 1:52 AM
AND MAKE SURE NOTHING IS GROWING IN THE BOTTOM OF YOUR TANK, MY FRIENDS VW STARTED TO GROW A GRASSY TYPE PLANT IN THE TANK CAUSE SHE FILLED THE TANK WITH REALLY POOR GAS FROM A REALLLYYYY POOR COMPANY *COUGH*CO-OP*CPUGH*
Saturday, May 07, 2005 9:35 AM
i have new injectors and motorcraft oil in the trans...could it b my wheels being heavier then my stockies
Saturday, May 07, 2005 8:47 PM
Are your wheels bigger than stock? that could take away a little bit..

I too have to agree with cleaning out the fuel system...

Sunday, May 08, 2005 7:05 AM
therer like half inch taller and alot heavier 195/70R14'' to 215/40R17''

Sunday, May 08, 2005 1:12 PM
wheels and tires wouldn't have a huge change on your fuel consumption. yes, you could see a difference, but it won't be HUGE.
fuel system check, as previously mentioned, would be a great idea. check or change the fuel filter...
you'll also want to make sure your engine sensors are working properly, as one or more of them could change how your fuel is delivered and used.
i drive about 15 miles to work each day and fill up about once a week...and i do have a lead foot at times.

Have you seen the turbo wagon?

14.069 @ 98.91mph
229.1hp & 261.7ft/lbs @ 6psi
no tuning time
Sunday, May 08, 2005 2:01 PM
thanks ill try out the fuel filter on thursday see how that goes....

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/828063
Sunday, May 08, 2005 5:27 PM
if its a HUGE difference a fuel filter wont do much....has your car ALWAYS had @!#$ty milage? or can u relate it to a time when it was in a garage and some1 messed it up....
Sunday, May 08, 2005 6:11 PM
i am a third year apprentice at a kaltire and thought i was keeping it up well, i just dont get why it costs 5-10 bucks a day to drive when i live like 5-10 minutes from work, is it normal to pay more then $1 to drive a car...my other cars were always honda or nissan so im not used to this beast and its only a 2.2 i couldnt imagine the 3.1, my brothers girlfriend has one and hates it. Breaks down all the time and eats the fuel like crazy.....

Sunday, May 08, 2005 8:51 PM
hook ur car up to the scope at ur work (i think kaltire does more than tires,..,.) or go to the local highschool teacher and ask him if he needs any demo cars for the scope.....if not just go to a garage, theres so many things that could be wrong....
Sunday, May 08, 2005 9:45 PM
iv been on the scope thats what boggles me everything checks out..i dunno im clueless mayb shes just a tank

Sunday, May 08, 2005 11:10 PM
sure you dont have a fuel leak??? my fuel tank pickup/sending unit was leaking out the top. it would eat through the top 1/4 of the tank in no time flat before i discovered it.

Sunday, May 08, 2005 11:18 PM
where abouts do u live dude
Monday, May 09, 2005 6:22 AM
saskatchewan

Monday, May 09, 2005 1:23 PM
ok, fill your tank up untill u cant fill it no more (bring around 60$ with u cause the tank size (at least on my 92 cavi) is 15.2 US galons or 57.5 Liters....TOTALY fill tank, and put some fuel injector cleaner in the tank and also buy the stuff in a compressed can that u take the intake hose off of and spray inside the throttle body.....go for a longgggg drive....that after a couple tank fulls of gas check your milage again.....some of the gas could just be going out the mufler because of sticky valves....all that stuff plus perhaps an oil aditive should clean it out....

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:20 PM
it could also be running lean for some reason, i noticed mine is starting to do that...is it just somthing that happends with our cars?
Thursday, May 12, 2005 7:26 PM
well i did attatch a cone to my stock intake tube and moved IAT sensor from air box to intake tube.....

Sunday, May 15, 2005 8:34 PM
check ur o2 sensor
Monday, May 16, 2005 5:17 PM
vacumn leak
o2 sensor
PCV Valve
Injector cleaner
Fuel Filter
Fuel leak (you would smell it)
Air Filter
Your tires are too small so your using more gas.
check yoru rpm's maybe even your torque converter is screwed up and your running a higher RPM.
Cat is pluged and isn't letting the exhaust out

And guys 360km is not bad for city driving... I get 550highway driving on my V6, but my honda gets less so don't think they are better on fuel because they are not.

Custom is the only way!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search