2.0L Turbo MAP Senor? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.0L Turbo MAP Senor?
Sunday, April 24, 2005 3:53 PM
I am wonder what problem a bad MAP Sensor will Cause?

I am Have a Problem with my car.. When I go and start it once it warms up it will not start? IT Run's Fine and I keep running doesn't stall or run bad. Just When I go to restart the car when the car is warm?

Here is what I did to test it but I am not sure if this is The Problem because I was in a hurry when it died? I When and go gas and the Died no Start, It turns over and don't run. I when and took the map sensor off with a 7mm ratchet. And Removed in and Sneaken in to a freeze at a mac store and when to the washroom. Waited 1min or to and connected it back up and It almost started? But I don't think it was cool enough to fire?

Would I be Wrong to say The MAP Sensor IS GONE?

Re: 2.0L Turbo MAP Senor?
Monday, April 25, 2005 4:11 AM
I think you'd be wrong to say the MAP sensor is bad with only that test.

Check some basic items first.

Fuel pressure good? Injectors clean? Spark plugs and ignition system working correctly? Is the ignition timing correct? Is the cam timing off due to a worn timing belt? Will the engine start if you use a starting aid such as Ether? Are the vacuum hoses all good?

A "cranks but won't start" problem is usually very basic. There are actually tests that will narrow down the problem. If you find a copy of the factory service manual you can follow much of their test procedure without special tools.

FWIW, I have changed very few GM MAP sensors due to failure. I've been repairing cars for over 10 years.

-->Slow
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 7:13 PM
Well There is still fuel in the lines and when it cools down it runs again after 4 to 6 hrs. The Vacuum hose are all good. I am wonder to should I get a GM MAP sensor or a Niehoff MAP Sensor? What is the boost PSI Map sensor on a 2.0 ltr Turbo? I am wonder if I would need to get a 30 max boost MAP sensor? I am Planing to get a better turbo and get a better booster to open the open the turbo..
Wednesday, April 27, 2005 8:13 PM
You can get whatever sensor you'd like. They're all good. Just make sure the store accepts returns.

The stock sensor is good to almost 15 psi. A 3 BAR sensor won't work correctly with the stock chip and I think you'd be disappointed if you tried to install it without the correctly programmed chip.

The problem you're describing sounds more like an ignition module to me. I'd find a way to check for spark when it won't start.

-->Slow
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 9:28 AM
Well I have Check for spark and it there.. I am question at this point as well what else it could be. It's Start and run's fine till after the it warms up and will still run fine till I shut then engine off. Then No will not start till it cools down like 4-6 hrs. But It seem like it is have spark but Iam question myself if there is not a problem with the relay for the fuel pump or bad connection at for the ground of the relay or fuel pump it's self?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search