Accel Super Coil - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Accel Super Coil
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 7:31 PM
Accel Super Coil part number *140017*

found this for the 2.2L TBI cavalier.

when courious to how much a replacement was for my car, i found it. Sold at AutoZone.

just one more part for the 2.2TBI to add to your list.

Re: Accel Super Coil
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 10:27 PM
yea usualy the aftermarket coils are the same if not a bit cheaper than stock replacment. however, if your just looking to upgrade, they dont do a whole lot, as the gm coil is actualy pretty good.

Friday, May 06, 2005 3:40 PM
pretty good my ass! mine started missing at about 80Kmiles. and my 1rst gen lasted untill i sold the car. (87Z)

but Accel is a trust worthy name to me. i use the Accel 8mm spark plug wires and love them. when the car was running in its prime it fired right up, ran smooth, and got great spark.

im not going to put the Accel's on, because im only wanting to get it running again so i can drive it at least once more and maybe help to sell it.

but hey. i found it, realized how rare performance parts are for the 2.2TBI and figured i'd let people know.

Monday, May 09, 2005 9:30 AM
Personally I would avoid the Accel DIS coils. I had them and they failed within the first 90 days (2 of them). MSD also makes replacement coils, but yes, the stock Delco coils are still fine and good for 99% of the applications out there. I've only had too replace a few stock coils on all the cars i've worked on and usually only after 8+ years of service life.

Curtis
91' Turbo Z24
http://www.turboz24.com
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search