Some in progress stuff - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Some in progress stuff
Thursday, May 05, 2005 9:46 AM
Since I had to have my bumpers repainted (if anyone here frequents V6Z24, you probably saw my post several weeks ago about it), I decided to just go ahead and do everything else I had been planning at the same time.

Details
(done so far)-
modified rear bumper just a little
aluminum air dam on the front bumper
quarter turn fasteners for the bumpers
Predator side skirts (as far as I know, I'm the only one with them. I got them from ThisIsRDG when he molded in the Diza skirts and flares)
shaved antenna
splash graphics are off

(not done)-
lighten bumper reinforcements
build hood scoop
swap in flip up Celica headlights and modify hood to fit
shave cowl

Heres some pics-

(sorry its blurry)

Skirts-

Quarter turn brackets-

And......another surprise-

It goes in next Monday for paint, and after it gets back, I'll start installing the roll bar. In order to make it work and still have door panels, I need to modify the stock panels to "wrap" around the bar when the door is closed. And since I have no in dash cupholder, and I had to get rid of the BMW one in the center console when I did the 5 spd swap, I'm going to graft the front half of Sunbird panels (thanks to juicedz4 for those) to the rear of the Cav panels. Once I get those started, I'll post some pics.

If anyone is interested in buying the Razzi skirts, or my eyebrows and grille, watch for a post in Buy/Sell forum on V6Z24 in a few weeks. I have a ton of stuff to get rid of.

PS- I just used Photo Bucket for the first time and I HIGHLY recommend it for those of you who want to host pics somewhere. Very nice site.

Re: Some in progress stuff
Thursday, May 05, 2005 10:10 AM
I'm pretty sure I dont like the color of your ride.... But I love the progess that is done to this car and the time and patience. Your my hero... lol the roll bars are gonna be KICK AZZ
Thursday, May 05, 2005 11:23 AM
i still say u`d be better off with out those headlights

and the predator skirts are on a lot of 91-94 with "dealer installed kits"

Z24 Cardomain Site ll ZQ8 Car Domain Site
Thursday, May 05, 2005 1:59 PM
Where'd you get the roll bars? Are they custom?
Thursday, May 05, 2005 6:16 PM
That roll bar is clearly going to be to much trouble for you to install. Cutting the door panels and all. And it will probably push you into a SCCA class you don't want to be in to much trouble. Just send it to me our 2nd gen doesn't have door panels and we don't race in the SCCA.

<-- I wish haha. What company is that? And you will have to let us know if it goes in pretty easy or not. (fitment wise I know its a PITA to install)

95 Cobra
Check out my site
Thursday, May 05, 2005 7:13 PM
Ugh. You suck. Your car is teh sex. And you like a half hour away. And I could buy your grill and all that @!#$ because they are teh sex as well. But no. You just have to sell all your crap when I have no money and am saving for rims. Bastard.

Looks good though Keep up the work

Thursday, May 05, 2005 8:17 PM
cahill! that is awesome!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/nocho
there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who dont.
Thursday, May 05, 2005 9:41 PM
james, WOW, that's comin along, can't wait to see the finished product keep me posted eh

1st 1st gen on air.....
Friday, May 06, 2005 7:18 AM
Pearlchaser wrote:Where'd you get the roll bars? Are they custom?

S & W Racecars makes the kit. It was $230 shipped to my door.

Labora wrote:That roll bar is clearly going to be to much trouble for you to install. Cutting the door panels and all. And it will probably push you into a SCCA class you don't want to be in to much trouble. Just send it to me our 2nd gen doesn't have door panels and we don't race in the SCCA.

<-- I wish haha. What company is that? And you will have to let us know if it goes in pretty easy or not. (fitment wise I know its a PITA to install)

Actually, you can run a roll bar in any class in SCCA , but you will be first on the list if I decide it actually is too much trouble. As far as quality, all the tubing notches are plasma cut, and everything lines up perfect.

JBoDiED wrote:Ugh. You suck. Your car is teh sex. And you like a half hour away. And I could buy your grill and all that @!#$ because they are teh sex as well. But no. You just have to sell all your crap when I have no money and am saving for rims. Bastard.

Looks good though Keep up the work

I may just sell you all that stuff since I don't really want to ship any of it..... I'll keep you in mind.

Friday, May 06, 2005 3:43 PM
your gonna cage the beast? thats awesome yo!

Monday, May 09, 2005 5:07 AM
James,

Are you gonna use the cage as they sent it? I redid alot of mine since its really more of a drag cage than a road race/ auto x cage. If you decide to "adjust" some of hte tubes I could probably send you my tubing notcher to make some adjustments with.

Call me if you want it.

BTW: ill try to make those stickers this sat.

Dan

YEP, my 60' times suck

247HP/267ftlbs at 13psi with built motor

Project updates and stuff: www.clubhousecustoms.com
email: dhc1902@yahoo.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search