Bore size for 2.2 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bore size for 2.2
Friday, April 29, 2005 12:43 AM
Anyone have their factory book handy? Need to know the bore size and max bore for a 2.2L Code G engine.

Re: Bore size for 2.2
Monday, May 02, 2005 6:22 PM
I'll check tommorow and let you know.

Thursday, May 05, 2005 7:14 AM
I forgot to look it up. Go to www.ny-jbodies.org. They have the most complete online 2.2 section I know of in their library with specs and other info.

Thursday, May 05, 2005 1:55 PM
Thanks - great site! Have a chance to pick up a set of cast pistons from a friend. He had them custom made for his race car, but they were too large for his engine. They shipped him a new set without requesting the first.

This may push me towards a 4cyl mod, instead of going v6. Here's what I'm thinking: take a 2200 head, put it on a 95-97 block, keep the 2200 rockers, but use the 95-97 cam, max bore, cast pistons, cast rods, add compression rings, and bolt it to my 90. With the bore and pistons I could be pushing 150 cid or 2.45L. Blueprint the sucker, mod the flywheel, add CAI, hi-flow exhaust and I'd be in the 125hp range easy.

Of course I'd probably have to get into the whole EPROM programming deal, but it might be worth it, especially if I decided to add nitro later. It's not a lot of horses, but she'd remain light for the canyon roads!

What do you think?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search