3.1 question - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
3.1 question
Thursday, May 05, 2005 8:42 PM
i have a 92 3.1 5 speed..its acting up....does anyone know why?...when i come to complete stop my rpm drops from 1100ish to 500 then back up..but only when my wheels come to a stop. doesn't matter what i do or how i stop it does the same thing..anyone got a clue?..thanks

Re: 3.1 question
Thursday, May 05, 2005 11:22 PM
If you had your battery unplugged recently you probably need to do an idle relearn. I had the same problem not to long ago and was unaware of the need to relearn. If not my old 92 would loop when the injectors where dirty and a bottle or concentrated cleaner would usually work. It could be a vacuum leak, bad air filter, fuel filter, bad gas or alot of other things. I suppose it never hurts to do a relearn even if you didn't have the battery unplugged. v6z24.com gives instructions. I always found with my 92 it would go away just as fast as it came without doing anything.
Friday, May 06, 2005 9:03 AM
its called gear matching... its to help you shift smoth......
500's a bit low though.

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Friday, May 06, 2005 12:27 PM
gear matching drives me nuts.. through my drive i shift at different times so it matches to when i first get in the car.. then its not quite on later on.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/nocho
there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who dont.
Friday, May 06, 2005 2:00 PM
Ferg: Mainly agree with what was said so far... for advice with your 3.1 L. 5-speed; however, if none of these work... how long has it been since you serviced/checked or replaced your EGR valve man ? Check and/or replace it, if it is clogged or not supporting a vacuum... ok Ferg ?? Later bud. The Doc 'C 'Ya guys. jcypher@aaahawk.com
Friday, May 06, 2005 4:04 PM
thanks guys..i'll try these things see if it helps...i just bought the car so i need to go through everything like that...
Saturday, May 07, 2005 10:14 AM
also, make shure it has the up dated prom for your TPS, i know my 94 had the old on in it, i cheeted and bumped up the idle to 1000 rpm....... its a little trick that also gets rid of the hesatation..... but there should be a prom up date for it.

chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search