TPS voltage - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TPS voltage
Friday, May 06, 2005 8:38 AM
Hey guys, I have a question about TPS voltage on my 94 Pontiac Sunbird. I have a REALLY bad hesitation when I put the pedal to the floor, she bogs dwon pretty hard. Anyway, I figured that I would check my TPS voltage. Wth the key on engine off with the throttle closed, it sits at about .37 V and at WOT it is at 3.9 V. From what I understand, I thought that most GM cars liked to see .5 V at closed and 5 V at WOT. So I removed my sensor, elongated the holes so that I could make it adjustable. I adjusted it so that it is at about 4.75 V at WOT, but when it comes back to closed it sits at .82 V. Is this OK? I figure that it's making the engine run a little richer. The hesitation isn't nearly as bad now, and I don't really have any more bogging of the engine unless I'm in 2nd gear(it's an auto) and I give it less than 1/2 throttle. What I wanted to know is does anyone have the factory manual for a 94 sunbird 2.0L that can tell me what the correct TPS voltages are supposed to be? Thanks for your time, Paul Moore.

Trying to become the most modded out N/A 2nd gen sunbird 4 cylinder on the org with a..... screw that, I'm going turbo!!!

2.Slow OHC I4
Ported cylinder head, intake and exhaust
Relocated IAT with a custom WAI with a 6x9 K&N conical filter
All this, and I still can't go fast.............yet!!

Re: TPS voltage
Friday, May 06, 2005 10:30 AM
set it so its about .55 at closed throttle, and it should be about 4.5 at WOT. anything above 4.4v is considered full throttle by the ecm.

Re: TPS voltage
Friday, May 06, 2005 12:50 PM
Awesome, thanks! I will readjust it as soon as humanly possible.

Trying to become the most modded out N/A 2nd gen sunbird 4 cylinder on the org with a..... screw that, I'm going turbo!!!

2.Slow OHC I4
Ported cylinder head, intake and exhaust
Relocated IAT with a custom WAI with a 6x9 K&N conical filter
All this, and I still can't go fast.............yet!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search