sunbird and Z24 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sunbird and Z24
Saturday, May 07, 2005 7:23 PM
I know that I hear that alot of the parts from a Z24 are interchangeable with my Sunbird. My bird is a 1990 and I was just wondering what year(s) of Z24s have the hood that will fit and so on. If anyone knows of any other parts that are interchangeable, it would be a help, thanks

Re: sunbird and Z24
Saturday, May 07, 2005 7:56 PM
1990? All hoods will fit, even if you have the flip-up headlights...

Sunday, May 08, 2005 6:13 AM
do you know if any of the interior parts are the same?

Sunday, May 08, 2005 1:16 PM
Not much...seats, carpet, door trim panels...cavy and sunbird dashes are all different....same for center consoles....

Sunday, May 08, 2005 7:02 PM
Everything is interchangeable between the two cars just not all is the same, for example the center console is diffrent between teh two cars but you can put a sunbird console in a cavalier, any part you want from a Z24 can be swapped onto a sunbird and vise versa, except for the 88 and 89 sunbird SE and GT's like me and 89sunbird have, you can see in teh pick above the front end parts are not interchangeable. You caould swap the hole font end over but single parts like fenders wont swap onto this car cause its a first gen front end and the fenders extend towards the ground more, so a Z24 bumper wont fit with out some customizing,. Which I just completed a few days ago, I think im the first person with theat front end to have a full z kit.
Anyways, as for the hood any 88-94 Z hood will fity your car but the hinges are diffrent between phase 1 and 2 and I think the latch has to be swapped as well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search