tach install question - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tach install question
Thursday, May 12, 2005 5:41 PM
ok i have a 93 5-speed 2.2L cavalier and i wanted to clear up some things about installing a tach. first off from what ive read from searching i want to use the wire from the ecm ( i'm guessing thats the little box between the windshild and the eingine bay on the drivers side?) and what about the signal i've hurd it will only give you half the signal if so how do i correct this? and finally from someone who has done this b4 how did you take the signal wire through the fire wall whats the easiest way?

Re: tach install question
Thursday, May 12, 2005 7:13 PM
you know id like to no this myself...cuz from what i know u have to splice into one of the wires going from the module to the coil and are these cars not having a module munted directly under the coil packs???? I know with older vehicles you tap into the signal wire between module and coil.....SO what do you do in this case??

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/828063
Re: tach install question
Friday, May 13, 2005 1:46 PM
i have done htis on my 93 sunbird 2.0, they might be the same. i had to tap into the signal wire from thhe coil pack and use a tach adapter from msd to get hte correct signal. the adapter has to be on a 12v ignition and grounded then run the signal wire from the box to the tach and your all done.

"dude that amp can fry an elephant" - event
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search