Slam Session Post Pics / Front End Conversion Pics - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Slam Session Post Pics / Front End Conversion Pics
Saturday, May 14, 2005 1:49 PM
okai... imma make this real easy

REPOSTED FROM www.v6z24.com
http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/viewtopic.php?t=66318

Theres a TON of pics up there....

Re: Slam Session Post Pics / Front End Conversion Pics
Saturday, May 14, 2005 2:29 PM
wow, thats gunna look sick when its done. what style BMW lights are those you have?
Saturday, May 14, 2005 2:41 PM
oogles and kaboogles of pics. the redo looks really good.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Saturday, May 14, 2005 4:08 PM
haha, nevermind about the lights...lol....i read the rest of the post
Re: Slam Session Post Pics / Front End Conversion
Saturday, May 14, 2005 4:24 PM
92rs4dr under construction wrote:haha, nevermind about the lights...lol....i read the rest of the post

haha at least u got BMW ... ya dont know how many people say Integra....

Saturday, May 14, 2005 4:50 PM
was it alot of work to put those lights into the car? i gotta 92 and i wanna do something like that to mine.
Saturday, May 14, 2005 6:22 PM
looking very nice!!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/682845/ <=== my '91 Sunbird LE 2.0 4cyl

COMING SOON.. '94 Cavalier 2.2L Z-Wannabee (in progress)
Saturday, May 14, 2005 8:00 PM
I love the lights molded in it lookes tons better, I'm not a big fan of the widebody, but I bet it will look much better when its done. It just looks like its missing something, mostlikley cause its underconstruction though, hope you get it all finnished soon and have another hundred pics for us

Sunday, May 15, 2005 2:47 PM
92rs4dr under construction wrote:was it alot of work to put those lights into the car? i gotta 92 and i wanna do something like that to mine.

It progressed in steps... while i had the stocks in, i used a strip of alumnum and molded that in the gap between the stock light and the bumper (obviously molding it to the bumper... i also had the grill already molded to the bumper too.... theres a 1 inch gap in the center that slowly gets smaller as it progressed to either side of the car that you must get rid of first (this is ofcourse with an Onderground Sport front end... im not sure with the other kits, but the grill has to be attached to the bumper or its not gonna look right in my mind....)
)

having all that done, i took the stocks out, and sat one of the BMW lights in, using a level and a friend, we made sure the low beam and high beam were equally level, and then held it in place while i used the existing brackets i made to bolt in place, and then used a paint stirer on the bottom to hold it level... then i used Short hair fibreglass, and pushed as far as i could under the lights to bond with the the bumper, also as far as i could on the grill facing side to bond with the center grill... once that all started to harden, i pulled the stick out and pushed a little more where the stick was... once it was all hardened the lights were all ready to drive on... all i had to do from there was the cosmetics... as u see in that one picture, the long hair fibreglass on the grill and under the lights...

for the other side (between headlight and corner lens)... i havent yet decided which corner im doing... (OEM Cav, OEM Sunbird (either cav or sunbird clear), or the BMW ones (which are SAE but not DOT approved)... DAMN VA INSPECTIONS!) however i had to tape off the existing sunbird corners and lay about an inch worth of long hair fibreglass on the side of the headlight to fill in that gap....

Once those two stages of long hair were complete... it was just, sand, body fill (bondo), sand, body fill ... until it was all built up and contoured the way i want it... i also removed about an inch on each side of the grill's scoop... and i plan to add a knight rider style blue chasing lights that will just project out of the center when my alarm is activated.....

Mr.Efficiency (Tyrin) wrote:I love the lights molded in it lookes tons better, I'm not a big fan of the widebody, but I bet it will look much better when its done. It just looks like its missing something, mostlikley cause its underconstruction though, hope you get it all finnished soon and have another hundred pics for us

Its missing the front part of the widebody competely... that fender flare in the front sticks out now... also the doors need to be smoothed to contour a bit better.... also the back needs R32 Skyline Tail lights.... =P

Sunday, May 15, 2005 9:51 PM
must know.. does the bumper fit 2nd gens as shipped, and how much was it? I actually like how that looks as compared to the fx front. I dont have enough time to completely alter the bumper i get.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/nocho
there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who dont.
Monday, May 16, 2005 8:43 AM
rich H wrote:must know.. does the bumper fit 2nd gens as shipped, and how much was it? I actually like how that looks as compared to the fx front. I dont have enough time to completely alter the bumper i get.

wellllllllll yes and no.... onderground designed the bumper for Phase I Second Gens... however in both cases u will have to remove the honey comb and i know in phase II u have to also cut 4 inches off the front and bottom of the metal bumper...

On a phase two you get about an inch gap between the the grill and the headlights, and its like maybe half an inch or so under the headlights.... when i switched to sunbird corners those aligned right up... but both the phase II and BMW lights stuck out about inch further than the sunbird corners

Monday, May 16, 2005 9:55 PM
how hard is cutting the metal off? hand tools, or serious fabrication. A pic would be great if you just so have one.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/nocho
there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who dont.
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 12:29 PM
rich H wrote:how hard is cutting the metal off? hand tools, or serious fabrication. A pic would be great if you just so have one.

i dont have the worlds best pic... i have one of my wrecked metal bumper... this was cut out by Final Phase when the bumper was originally mounted... tjhey used 2 cutting wheels and an axe to cut it... when i did it... i used a cutting wheel.. but found a SawSaw was easier...

im glad my front bumper wasnt on the car when this accident occurred

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search