the car's gone under the knife - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
the car's gone under the knife
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 11:07 PM
well i'll just start this thread now. The past 2 days i've been getting a sterio installed at A&B sound here in winnipeg, the car came out of the shop at about 6:30, then at 8:30 went into my friends shop out of town for him to install my Vader kit. Now i had the car for such a short time, that i didn't even get a chance to take pics of the sterio.

But i'll tell you this, with some luck and skill, my friend will be able to install the Vader kit and my fenders and spoiler, and do some engine work I'll try to take some pics next time i go and see him, or i'll see if he's willing to take some pictures for me. All i can say is good luck on that vader kit, cause it'll need some good work for it to fit 100%
and hopfully we can get it all done or close to done and be ready for paint by May Long Weekend for the Mid-west bash in Calgary.

Re: the car's gone under the knife
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 11:09 PM
@!#$ the fit on this kit is horrible at best, going to take alot of pissing around to get it to work

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 6:46 AM
good luck, we're both undergoing surgery so I'll e-send you some flowers an balloons.

*e-sends flowers and balloons*

hope we both have loads of updates and pics soon. :-)

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 2:50 PM
did ya get the kit from fx or an outside company cause i personally haven't had as many problems installing my kit as much as people with the diza kits.

but it will be nice to see some pics when ya get it done.

i would give ya an update on my lambos but thats a long story.

| '89 Z24 Auto | '99 Prelude 5spd | '04 GS500F | '05 HD 883L |

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:26 PM
girlRacer wrote:did ya get the kit from fx or an outside company cause i personally haven't had as many problems installing my kit as much as people with the diza kits.

but it will be nice to see some pics when ya get it done.

i would give ya an update on my lambos but thats a long story.

a long story :S oh no...

and no, stupid me, i ended up going with Extreame Dementions... and it looks like it's going to be a pain in the ass to install. I should of gone with FX all the way around. The fenders and spoiler i got form them are really good quality (thickness of fiberglass), but extreame was cheaper... stupid move on my half. oh well, i'll be hepling with what i can. i'll or Justin will post up pictures showing you guys pics along the way. If i go out there tonight, i'll try to take some pics of the sterio, we'll see.

Saturday, May 07, 2005 1:47 PM
weres the pics
Saturday, May 07, 2005 4:33 PM
Lookin forward to seein it!

My car wants surgery, but I need a donor Go here if you want to help my cause...

Parts for sale/trade

Saturday, May 07, 2005 10:04 PM
sorry guys, was hoping to get pics with a bit more done, but oh well

ok, this is what we got done the first night, well these are the pics i took when i had to leave

these were taken may 4th, and since then Justin got the other fender off, and both bumpers and the spoiler.
I'm going out there again tomorrow for the day to work on the car, we hope to get the fenders on tomorrow, and i'll take some pictures once we do. Sorry it took longer than planed.

Sunday, May 08, 2005 7:04 AM
thats what i like to see
Sunday, May 08, 2005 3:38 PM
AHHHHHH!!!!! GUTTTTSSS!!!!!

hehe.

I'm off to the shop right now. old engine out, custom weight, weld and brace work on the front end done and painted engine bay. now to drop her in. keep us updated... I'll do the same soon.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Sunday, May 08, 2005 4:54 PM
Yes the bodykit goes in to get sanded and primed tomorrow!!! 6 hours of non-stop sanding

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 7:49 PM
Well not only am i super dissapointed with the fit on this kit, but i'm down right dissapointed with the quality. Got the front fenders mounted up now, i'll take some pics when i get some things finialized here.

Thursday, May 12, 2005 7:58 PM
more pics, more pics!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/828063
Sunday, May 15, 2005 12:19 PM
alright, well the kit won't be fitting on my car, we even took it back to the shop where i ordered it through. So i should be getting some money back, and i'll use that money for paint and lowering springs for when we get back after may long some time.
I was super pissed about the really poor fit of this kit, oh well. mabey if we had the time we could of made the kit fit with some TLC, but for now, no body kit for me. and i think i'm gona take a bit of a different route for my car. make it look kinda stock but faster. and of course the sterior system has to be good, LOL

oh well, i should be getting the car back tuesday mabey? i'll take some pics once i get her cleaned up a bit for you all and what i ended up with after 2 weeks.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search