before i head out to the junk yard - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
before i head out to the junk yard
Monday, May 16, 2005 6:19 AM
im about to head out to the local junk yard to get some parts for my 92 sunbird . they got a few things that i want to grab, emblems, front and rear z24 bumpers and side skirts. some interior parts from a 92 sunbird, for painting. but my question is...is there a noticeable diference in performance in the z24 suspension ie swaybars, springs ect?? also what jbody would i be able to get fold down seats from considering mine doesnt have them??

Re: before i head out to the junk yard
Monday, May 16, 2005 3:06 PM
my 92 rs has folding rear seats.....i'm guessing the z24 of those years and up would have them as well
Monday, May 16, 2005 5:07 PM
Sunbirds had them, in some years. I think it might bave been an option.

Custom is the only way!
Monday, May 16, 2005 5:52 PM
Sunbird GT suspension is tha same as Z24 suspension, just so you know when your searching. I'm not sure how big of a diffrence it makes, but I'm about to do the same swap myself and I hope its worth it, lol
And I'm pretty sure fold down rear seats are an option on any car, my 89 Sunbird has them and it has very few options, its not any kind of high class J or anything its almost as basic as you can get, the only options I got are the GT front end, tach and fold down rear seats.
Also I recently swaped in a turbo cluster and my old sunbird cluster is now up for sale

Monday, May 16, 2005 7:40 PM
yeah i just found out my bird has almost nothing for options except that it had the tape deck which i quickly tossed and threw in a cd player. on a scale of 1-10 how hard is it to switch off the bumpers from the z24? is it pretty much straight forward or is the work extensive?
Monday, May 16, 2005 9:07 PM
Scale of 1-10? About a 4.5. For the rear bumper, undo the 4 bolts holding the pushrods to the metal bumper reinforcement, then the 4 bolts in the trunk, and 2 on each side right behind the wheel wells.

Front bumper: Undo the 3 bolts on each side holding the metal reinforcement to the frame...

And, if anyone is interested, I am putting my 40/60 split rear seat up for sale. Say $40 + shipping?

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 3:45 PM
My car also has a tape deck, I never thought that was an option cause I've never seen a J without one, and it wasnt long before mine was gone and also swapped for a cd player, lol
Its not hard at all to swap on Z24 bumpers and skirts, its a good idea to grab the plastic crap thats between the bumper and the bumper cover, it just helps it fit better. I didnt get that stuff and I had some clearance/fitment problems but I just cut off the plastic that was in the way and the bumper fit pefrectly I'm not sure about the front bumper though cause I cut up my Z bumper to make it fit on my first gen flip up style sunbird front end and it looks sweet
Also by mid summer I'l be selling my fold down rear seats as well if more than one person wants them, cause I'm putting two more prelude seats in the back to match the front.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 4:00 PM
i have a whole car for sale 250. comes with Z hood, onderground designs front bumper, nice wide tires on 14" Sunbird rims, rear stabalizer bar, front strut bar, and alot of other stuff that's probably swap able to your car.

i live near Cincinnati Ohio...

also i too have a gauge cluster for sale...

88Sunbird GT Turbo Cluster.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 7:15 AM
Hey, Tyrin, I think you mean Phase 1 front end

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 1:45 PM
Quote:

Hey, Tyrin, I think you mean Phase 1 front end

What do you mean? I never mentioned a phase one or two front end in my previous posts.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 2:51 PM
Mr.Efficiency (Tyrin) wrote:I'm not sure about the front bumper though cause I cut up my Z bumper to make it fit on my first gen flip up style sunbird front end and it looks sweet

Monday, May 23, 2005 10:11 PM
that's great, but I am interested in the suspension. Are there any differences tween them twine?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search