trans ??? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
trans ???
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 2:04 AM
Ineed to know what transmissions will fit a 91 z24. i have a 2.2 tranny, are they the same or does it have to be v6???

Re: trans ???
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 7:14 AM
I believe they have different gear ratios, so it needs to be from a 3.1...

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 12:50 PM
would the bellhousing bolts line up though?? and what about axles?
i am thinking about converting it to a 5speed and have a 2.2 donor car for pedals and shifter and transmission if itll bolt up
Wednesday, May 18, 2005 1:35 PM
the 2.2 trans will bolt up to the 3.1and will work fine, the 2.2 trans isn't as strong as a 3.1 5 speed but I know theres a rew people who are running 2.2 trannys on there 3.1's with out any probs, just if your planning to really beat on the tranny or build your motor to put down some serious power the tranny wont stand up to it.
And I'm not sure but I think the spline on the axels are diffrent at the tranny end so you'll need them as well.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005 2:01 PM
If you have the axles off the donor car, you will need to use those. The length/diameter is different for every trans (auto/MG2/Isuzu). The outer CV is the same on all the J axles. I'm not sure what flywheel/clutch combo you need. I know the flywheel bolt pattern is not the same, but I don't know if the 3.1 flywheel will fit inside the Isuzu bellhousing.

Thursday, May 19, 2005 1:30 AM
thanx for the help its for my brother any additiona info will help
Friday, May 20, 2005 2:12 AM
what automatic did the 2.2 and 3.1 use
Friday, May 20, 2005 9:35 AM
Dane Elkins wrote:what automatic did the 2.2 and 3.1 use

TH125C. It is also known as a 3T40.

http://cavalierman93.googlepages.com/

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search