Color - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Color
Thursday, May 19, 2005 4:55 PM
Just a quick question guys.....what color best hides imperfections in bodywork and such....i'm doing it myself, and its not the greatest....i just wanted to say that i did it myself lol.......

Re: Color
Thursday, May 19, 2005 5:49 PM
Any of the lighter colors are good to hide flaws. Black and all the other dark colors show every little dent.

http://cavalierman93.googlepages.com/

Friday, May 20, 2005 2:49 PM
I've always been told black shows everything and white hides everything, but I think its the other way around......but thats just me. If you think about it on a white car if theres a dent you notice the shadow of it more cause its a dark shadow, on a black car all the shadows and that from dents wouldnt show up on black.
But thats just my theory, everyone else says light colours hide everything *shrug*

Saturday, May 21, 2005 8:07 PM
awesome...thanks alot. I wish i could afford to get it all done properly I was looking at either a black or a gunmetal grey...thanks guys
Saturday, May 21, 2005 8:30 PM
I was talking with some people about this and thay said black shows more dents cause its more reflective, and all the reflections show up white, so all the dents are pretty visable cause there white on a black car. With a white car the sun reflects off it and makes it white, so everything is hidden better. I'd go with the gunmetal grey, less refelctive

Saturday, May 21, 2005 8:44 PM
black shows the most and is the hardest colour to match. the smallest dent will stand out greatly. because of black being every colour in one, it is more reflective when there is a break in the smoothness. i don't know that white hides the most necessarily but I do know you can look straight onto a white car where a dent would be and possibly not even see it... where as with a black car, you'll notice it if just a little.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Sunday, May 22, 2005 7:03 PM
primer hides everything...

and if u can see it, just say im working on the body, thats why it's in primer jack ass.

lol

that's what i always said. flat black ownz

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search