Fuel consumption - Page 2 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Fuel consumption
Thursday, May 19, 2005 6:18 PM
hrmm i used Wynn's fuel injection cleaning (1 bottle went through gas tank, the other went metered through the throttle body where the brake booster connects)

I went from 175 miles from a full tank down to the light sensor up to 320 miles to a full tank city driving... 400 high way....

but now i have to figure out why people can smell gass out of my exhaust.... the cat has been tested... which was fine.... i have it limited to either leaky fuel injectors or bad O2 sensor... however both (complete set of fuel injectors and my O2 sensor) are no more than 2 years old...

oh ya... i noticed up above someone mentioned "Motorcraft"... Why are we putting Ford brand products in a Chevrolet? =P

Thursday, May 19, 2005 11:06 PM
my car is starting to bog out when i put it to the floor.....so...

how do u find out if theres a vacumn leak
a white o2 sensor needs replacing right?
how do u test a PCV Valve
how do u go about finding a Fuel leak (you would smell it)
and what does it mean when ur cat makes a ratling sound (i know it needs relacing but could my problem be that my cars been running to lean cause of a @!#$ty o2 sensor and then messed the cat? or what...cause i do smell gas...but the might be the injector cleaner drops that got on the vavle cover....
Friday, May 20, 2005 7:28 AM
Nicolas Smith wrote:my car is starting to bog out when i put it to the floor.....so...

how do u find out if theres a vacumn leak
a white o2 sensor needs replacing right?
how do u test a PCV Valve
how do u go about finding a Fuel leak (you would smell it)
and what does it mean when ur cat makes a ratling sound (i know it needs relacing but could my problem be that my cars been running to lean cause of a @!#$ty o2 sensor and then messed the cat? or what...cause i do smell gas...but the might be the injector cleaner drops that got on the vavle cover....

To find the vacumn leak, use your hand feel around, or try blowing smoke on the motor, it will draw it in whereever there is a leak.
The O2 sensor can be checked using a volt meter, I am unsure of the numbers for that
PCV valve, pull it out it is usually connected on the hose between the intake and the valve cover. It is a ball valve and if you shake it and the ball doesn't move then it needs replacing.

Fuel leak try using a match! NO NO NO just kiddin, find the strongest smell, follow the fuel lines. If you can smell it out the exhaust then your running really rich.
And as for the cleaner it would only last a day if you spilled it as it would vapourize quickly due to the high alcohol content

The cat rattling could be the honey comb all melted and not together, it could be the hangers not hanging on...
Have fun!

Custom is the only way!
Friday, May 20, 2005 2:27 PM
thanks Zenar for the reply....so looks like my sunday or saterday morning is occupied lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search