Roll bar tomorrow! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Roll bar tomorrow!
Monday, May 30, 2005 5:05 PM
Since I'm adding the rollbar, I needed to drop some weight in several places. The back bumper reinforcement got replaced with a section of railroad crossing gate aluminum. I have about 50' of it lying around from whatever old project, and it only needed the 1" riser to be dimensionally correct. Plus, its reflective for when I tow the car. (yes, thats a Z hood in the background....)

I also re-routed the taillight wires to inside the light housing (for lack of a better description)

I'm bringing it in for the rollbar tomorrow, so I took the weekend to get some stuff squared away in preperation.

I had to relocate the rear shelf speakers, so I moved them to this position. Once the bar is in, I'll finish the rear shelf.

I also picked up a fold down rear seat (although now it really doesn't serve a purpose, I thought it would be cool), so I made all the necessary mods to install it. Please don't make fun of my crooked sawzall cuts.

This is how it sits right now with the Predator skirts.

More pics to come next week after my race when I start re-installing the interior and working on the brakes/coil-overs.

Re: Roll bar tomorrow!
Monday, May 30, 2005 5:48 PM
looking good man... i am planning on modding my rear seat area (once I get the leaks all taken care of)... you say you used "sawzall" and i am wondering exactly what that is... a reciprocating blade or..?

but yea, looking good man.. i also think those rear speakers will look nice in their new position

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/682845/ <=== my '91 Sunbird LE 2.0 4cyl

COMING SOON.. '94 Cavalier 2.2L Z-Wannabee (in progress)
Monday, May 30, 2005 8:35 PM
a sawzall is a giant jig saw that cuts thru mini vans like it was paper.

(don't ask about the mini van thing... my old auto tech teacher let us cut in half a mini van to make a doughnut maching... that monster would do doughnuts like no other. 3 wheeler's own!)

looks crazy. it must be nice having a welder at your disposal. bastard...

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 6:32 PM
ditto on the welder situation

i may have to check into one of these "sawzall" kinda deals when i get to the back seat part of my project as well..

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/682845/ <=== my '91 Sunbird LE 2.0 4cyl

COMING SOON.. '94 Cavalier 2.2L Z-Wannabee (in progress)
Wednesday, June 01, 2005 2:41 AM
you gonna get that thing done by the bashes. cause its getting close.

| '89 Z24 Auto | '99 Prelude 5spd | '04 GS500F | '05 HD 883L |

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 2:15 PM
girlRacer wrote:you gonna get that thing done by the bashes. cause its getting close.

If everything goes according to plan, it will be done by June 27, since thats when I have my next body shop appointment for the hood. I already have all the parts for the brake swap lying in the garage. All thats left is the machine work.

My welder is just your basic Craftsman 140 with the gas conversion. Its not even a 220V welder, it runs on 110V.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005 8:11 PM
girlRacer wrote:you gonna get that thing done by the bashes. cause its getting close.

hah.. northerners and mid-west people... you can actually go to the bashes and not kill your car in the process... i figure if i drive like 13 hours each way... my engine/trans... which is already having problems... is gonna be toast...

y'all have fun though =P

James, i cant wait to see your car when you got it all ready... by then i should have a new roll of pictures of mine... im almost done with the interior... lets just say... sanding, 3 stage paint, and a lot of tweed.... hehehe

later

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search