Need some help! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need some help!
Friday, June 17, 2005 9:44 PM
I currently own a 1990 cavalier 2.2L 4cyl wagon.

Here is what I want to do.

Z24 bumpers, skirts and hoods.
2.2L 4cyl -> 3.1L v6 EFI Swap.

Can somebody find me information and some instructions on how to accomplish, at least the engine swap?

Re: Need some help!
Saturday, June 18, 2005 9:40 AM
Assuming the motor mounts line up (I kinda wanna know myself), You'll have to replace (besides the engine), the tranny, axles, computer, wiring harness, gauge cluster, and exaust. Plus you'll have to do something with the fuel lines. As for as the proccess in doing all that, your on your own. Only really mechanically incline people with cherry pickers and large garages should attemp things like that.

I am kinda wondering if this post was a joke.....Who wants to make a 2nd gen Z24 wagon?

Saturday, June 18, 2005 11:08 AM
wagons are cool, something a little different.

the v6 will bolt right in as in any other j-body. to add to the other list, you also need to change your rad.

if you want to go 5-speed, now would be a good time. its no harder to swap a 5 speed into a wagon than any other j. also if your going v6, just skip straight to the 3400 and skip the 3.1l. it only takes a little more work to do, and a custom front engine mount (several people have them in producttion now). you get an extra 40hp over the 3.1l.

Saturday, June 18, 2005 4:46 PM
sharkey wrote:wagons are cool, something a little different.

the v6 will bolt right in as in any other j-body. to add to the other list, you also need to change your rad.

if you want to go 5-speed, now would be a good time. its no harder to swap a 5 speed into a wagon than any other j. also if your going v6, just skip straight to the 3400 and skip the 3.1l. it only takes a little more work to do, and a custom front engine mount (several people have them in producttion now). you get an extra 40hp over the 3.1l.
Thanks for the tips.

The reason I'm doing this, is because I have NEVER come across a wagon done up with the v6 supercharged (Yes, I'm blowing the car) and because having a z24 wagon that was never produced, will make it unique and stand out, and be one of a kind. I don't care about selling the car, it's not in my plans, so I'm going to put whatever kind of money it takes into this car to get it done up how I want it. Just think of a 300 horsepower cavalier wagon lowered with a z24 ground effects package and some nice paint?

also - i'm going to need write ups on how to do this. what the procedures are.
You say I need a 3400? what car does that come out of? can you point me in the direction of some articles to ensure that i get this right the first time? Yes, I will also be putting the 5 speed into it.
Saturday, June 18, 2005 5:51 PM
Domestic crew is the place for all the info on doing a 3400 swap.

http://cavalierman93.googlepages.com/

Saturday, June 18, 2005 6:46 PM
Sorry to say you wont be the first blown wagon:
http://www.v6z24.com/registry/juxt3r
yes, its insane!

Sunday, June 19, 2005 2:45 PM
I need some documentation now. I found a 3400 with 102k on the odo.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search