A possible Z24 donar - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
A possible Z24 donar
Monday, June 20, 2005 12:50 PM
one man's trash is truly another man's treasure. the beauty part of this is that it's in town. Since the hood issue, I only stopped to see if he'd let me strip the Z hood from it. The guy first said $300 then he paused and said, nah, $200 for the entire car. (supposedly) The engine and tranny run great. it's a theft recovery so he doesn't have the title or keys to it, and the body is in great shape. no problems with the ground effects as far as I could see. The interior is trashed. If any of you guys were local I'd say come and pick this up. The city is on his ass about cars at his location. I might talk my buddy into getting it for the motor and letting me strip it, if nothing else the hood. it's been sitting up there salvaged for almost two years now.

Originality and Creativity surpasses Popularity

Re: A possible Z24 donar
Monday, June 20, 2005 1:00 PM
I need a set of good doors.

Monday, June 20, 2005 1:05 PM
Oh yeah, in KY at least you can always get a replacement title. I had to do it with my car.

Monday, June 20, 2005 8:41 PM
well, tomorrow the z24 will be mine, so unofficially I now own it. you can buy salvaged/lost titles in TX too. but i'm not worried bout the title, i'm gonna strip this thing down... I just bought a z24 for $200. crunch on that one Wraith

Monday, June 20, 2005 9:01 PM
Yeah, I've seen one pre 3rd gen Z for sale around here... 91, white, perfect donor for my car: the guy wanted $5000.

I hate you.

j/k
Monday, June 20, 2005 9:09 PM
how much for the panel/tails?

just curious

wicked
Tuesday, June 21, 2005 12:27 PM
Congrats man. I paid $100 for an 89Z24 in similar shape except the motor was knocking in it. That one looks to be in excellent condition. Are the doors rusted at all?

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 7:44 PM
alright guys, here's the run down. it's now at the shop (my bird in the shop):

I'm gonna use it as a donar mainly for the side mirrors, hood, possibly the wing and whatever else strikes me. the engine and tranny aren't up for grabs and might keep the ground effects. the tails are in great shape. Let me start stripping it and I'll get back to ya wicked. how soon do you need them?

thanks pezed, this was a steal cause it's in near perfect shape, the engine is strong and the 5-speed shifts well. Like I said, it was a theft recovery so it wasn't wrecked just broken into and stolen. the tires and wheels are great too, keeping those. The doors look good but I'll go back over them and give it a better look. The driver side inside panel is gone. I wouldn't want to ship these though. let me get back to you on those as well.

I'm still working on the sunbird so this car isn't my main priority. but it's in mint condition.

Friday, June 24, 2005 11:19 AM
sorry guys, nothing on the z24 is for sale any longer. ended up selling it for a nice lil wee bit of profit. all I took from it was the hood and remote trunk release, I'll be shaving my keyhole back there. the price was right.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search