motor swap in a 91 sunbird. - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
motor swap in a 91 sunbird.
Thursday, June 30, 2005 8:53 PM
hey guys. I've got a 91 sunbird with a 2.0L OHC with TBI and a distributor ignition. I've got a 2.0L OHC multiport, distributorless ignition engine out of a 94 that i'd like to put into it. What would be involved in droping the multiport engine in? The blocks look identical as far as mounts go however what would have to be done to make this engine work in the older car? Thanks.

Re: motor swap in a 91 sunbird.
Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:07 PM
get the wiring harnes and ecm from a multiport car. it is possible to make the dis run off the distributor ecm, and there is a real hack way to make your multiport work off the tbi wiring and ecm, but as i said, its hack and doesnt work that well.

Re: motor swap in a 91 sunbird.
Friday, July 01, 2005 7:41 PM
swap all the wiring, ECM and the intake. there is also a compression diffrence in the two motors the MPFI motor is higher, but not by much. If your swaping out wiring harnesses you might as well put a turbo motor in it, it dosent involve much more work than what your talikng about atempting now.
Do a search in the second gen forum for "2.0 FAQ" and you'll find my FAQ its got quite a bit of info in there.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search