2.0L OHC N/A upgrades... - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.0L OHC N/A upgrades...
Tuesday, July 05, 2005 8:05 PM
Hey guys. I was thinking about swapping my MPFI engine out of a 94 sunbird into my 91 sunbird but i have decided that it is too much trouble. These sunbirds I own are going to be used stricly for oval track racing at the local track in the 4 cylinder division. With the rules only allowing certain cars, the MPFI 2.0L 92-94 sunbirds are very competitive as my worst finish is 4th out of a 15 car field. Unfortunately this car was put in the wall and i have another 94 2.0L that i'm going to build. Now to my main question. I'm wondering if their are any cheap and undetectable ways of getting more power out of the MPFI 2.0L. Perhaps a different cam out of a different model or maybe different injectors out of a different engine? Maybe a different throttle body? Any mods i would do would have to be undetectable to the untrained eye and they must be cheap as i've only got 150$ into the car as it is almost ready to race (the rules are made as to keep the class cheap). I have access to any part i want for free from the local junkyard so if you know of any other parts that i could swap out, it woudl be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: 2.0L OHC N/A upgrades...
Friday, July 08, 2005 6:56 PM
I also race in the 4 cylinder division at two of my local tracks, E mail me I've got tons of tricks and such, do you have msn?

Friday, July 08, 2005 7:01 PM
Forgot to say, dont email me from the adress in my profile, I changed it, its now mr_efficiency@hotmail.com
I'd like to keep all this info out of public chats cause I know some people that know me are on this site Also for just so you have some idea of the level of stuff I know about this type of thing, thought I might mention we are curently leading points and consistantly winning every feature event

Saturday, July 09, 2005 3:48 PM
I've added you to my MSN list. Looking forward to hearing your hints and tips!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search