2.2 perf - Page 2 - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2.2 perf
Sunday, July 17, 2005 1:45 PM
Im with slowoej as far as a turbo setup. I am in the mid 15's on 4.5 psi on stock injectors and an 8 to 1 fmu. I was having coil problems at the time too but next time i go up ill do 6 or maybee 7 psi and see what happens i too am looking for a 14.9 i kno i probably wont get it but eventually i will. i have less than 1k into my setup right now and wouldent have spent the money any other way. So i say go turbo and do some port work and eventually youll get there i kno i will. Good luck.

Sunday, July 17, 2005 3:40 PM
one off turbo set up. just order one from one of the companys that makes them for 3rd gen 2.2's

Sunday, July 17, 2005 8:31 PM
I guess this is as good a place as any to put this. I've finished scanning 26 pages of 2.0 OHV competition engine buildup information from the 6th edition of the Chevrolet Power manual. This information is a bit old. Most of the part numbers listed are no longer available, but there's some good ideas for anyone looking to build a 2.0 or 2.2L engine.

The .pdf is about 4meg. If someone could post this file for others to download, that would be great since I'm on a dialup.

Thanks,
-->Slow
Monday, July 18, 2005 10:21 AM
I don't have anywhere to host it, but I could probably find somewhere. Can you email it to me? jwcracer05@yahoo.com (since my Army email strips attachments)

Monday, July 18, 2005 11:09 AM
well I know from experience that turbo's on a 2.2 ohv are pretty easy yet difficult at the same time. cahill is right on what he is talking about. its easy because it pretty much can bolt up from a 95-97 block/head, but you have to re-do just about your whole front end ie radiator connections. removing your complete ac unit if any of you need pics or informatino please see my registry ie: cardomain.

**changes are here**

Monday, July 18, 2005 2:18 PM
who needs A/C when your boosted?

Monday, July 18, 2005 5:38 PM
SunValier wrote:who needs A/C when your boosted?

You'll be surprised....

**changes are here**

Monday, July 18, 2005 7:32 PM
bahaha...

i've never ran A/C on any of my cars... roll the windows down.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 10:01 AM
sure dude.

**changes are here**

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 10:50 AM
here here steng. a/c just robs you of horsepower anyway... besides, I'd rather just have the wind blowing through the cab and my beats loud as I want. and I live in @!#$tty ars texas

...yes, but is it fast?

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:26 AM
what do ya mean shure ?????
i for one just recently started using ac and thats becouse i just got a pos taurus
dont try to start @!#$ in here if you beleve him then fine if not fine but a smart ass coment like that when you have no way of knowing is just imature and childish

sorry for the additude but ive had it with people bitching at people for no reasion on this site recently

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:37 AM
mitchell dingus wrote:what do ya mean shure ?????
i for one just recently started using ac and thats becouse i just got a pos taurus
dont try to start @!#$ in here if you beleve him then fine if not fine but a smart ass coment like that when you have no way of knowing is just imature and childish

sorry for the additude but ive had it with people bitching at people for no reasion on this site recently

I agree.. I don't have ac my self becuse of this. I was just merly stating that some people would like to keep ac with boost.. as as far as your quote " when you have no way of knowing" I would know because I did it myself with boost on a 90 2.2!. not starting anything. Just a matter of opinion to others. I could care less.

**changes are here**

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:58 AM
lol @ mitch. fiesty much?

...yes, but is it fast?

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:10 PM
hi arch yea i guess i am
just kinda pissed cause found out that matt has ben stealing from me
get a hold of me on yahoo

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:14 PM
what i ment is that you have no way of knowing weather he uses his ac or not

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 3:56 PM
jesus christ... i make one statement... and some practically newbie goes ape@!#$.

most people when boosting there car, want to go fast. and will strip what ever it takes to help it.

i've never ran a/c on a boosted car... well i've never ran a/c on any car.

i like to free up that 1or2 h/p and take some more strain off the belt line... if i can get that crank to spin even the slightest bit faster, than my cars gonna do that much better.

hell, i know some poeple even rip off the a/c and p/s...

so calm down. it was just a statement.

"who needs a/c when you have boost!"

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 4:15 PM
who's upset? certently not me. I know I'm not a newbie lol.

**changes are here**

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 6:19 AM
2literOHVbuildup.pdf

This is 4.2 Mb. File will be available for a week or two before being removed.

-->Slow
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 1:32 PM
slowolej wrote:2literOHVbuildup.pdf

This is 4.2 Mb. File will be available for a week or two before being removed.

-->Slow

Good stuff. I saved it and I will try and find a host.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search