got a new box! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
got a new box!
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 7:54 AM

ohhhh aint it so pretty? :drool: lol
to bad it only has a used set of stock headlights in it lol,and i know i jsut finished my Honda Accord headlight swap but i think hte BMW swap will look alot better IMO

anyone wanna buy my accord lights?

FDP 62MM TB, FFP Performance Chip, FFP Underdrive Pully, WAI, Hi Flow Cat, 2.5" Catback, Functional Ram Air Hood, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch

Re: got a new box!
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:11 AM
good for you, I think the BMW will look better, its my favourite.

...yes, but is it fast?

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 9:41 AM
those are pretty i think i'd preffer those over the other beamer lights, just for the shear uniqueness

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time..." "for those ten seconds or less I'm free"
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 5:35 PM
thanks guys
i have my spare fender on my balcony and im tryin to get the BMW corner lights to work and if they do ill be gettin the 1 peice ones or jsut get the clear BMW corners and aftermarket lights :drool: :drool:

im thinkin either of these

i need a humping icon for these lights :lol:

FDP 62MM TB, FFP Performance Chip, FFP Underdrive Pully, WAI, Hi Flow Cat, 2.5" Catback, Functional Ram Air Hood, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
Wednesday, July 20, 2005 7:42 PM
well i made a mold peice of the corner light to see how close it was to my stock fender and i must say its damn close so that makes me happy lol only thing that doesnt look to good is it seems as if ill have to cut of the bracket on the inside of the fender that have my headlight brackets on which sucks....anyways heres some pics
the FG peices

and the fitting

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 7:57 PM
I'm not gonna try to be one of those people who see something new and claim it as mine, but when I was looking at lamps for my swap I considered doing the corners too... I almost bought them to try it out cause it looked so close but then I had other things to do instead so bumped the project. I figure if you do a little cutting and bondoing it'll look stock with them. let me know how it works out incase I ever decide to follow up on your progress.

...yes, but is it fast?

Wednesday, July 20, 2005 8:00 PM
i think it will work on fine wiht how it flows with hte buddy but cause of how deep they are ur gonna loose ur bracket for the headlights it seems,but im gonna try it out and see what happens,but that wont be till tommorow s the little guy is sleeping and i cant be loud lol

Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:20 AM
^^^wow so i really cant spell HAHAHAHA

well i cut apart the fender and got teh light somewhat in there,im gonna start galssin soon to see what i can come up with,but i think im goin at this the wrong way as the corner light slides onto the headlihgt so i should probably install hte headlights perfect then worry about gettin the corner light in,but as u can see it fits the curves quite nicely

Thursday, July 21, 2005 8:20 PM
well i got 1 headlight in tonight WITH the bmw bracket intact :o
and they seem alot brighter tehn the accord ones i had in before

low beams

high beams

is there someway i can wire it up so that my highs and lows come on when i switch to high beams?

Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:13 PM
thats because the BMW used a basic projection system... nothing complacated, but effective. plus each bulb is in a seperate sealed housing.

did u use the the instructions i gave you (as vauge as they were) or did u go with a different method. i'd like to see pics of the mounting install.

Thursday, July 21, 2005 9:34 PM
i went with a different direction as i needed to keep the BMW bracket attached to the lights as thats how teh corner lgihts go on aswell(snap into place) i can grab a pic tommorow when i goto finishe the other 1 up

Friday, July 22, 2005 2:42 PM
cool. yeah i didn't know you were gonna attempt the corners or else i would of tried to come up with a way to use the brackets and still have the clean look as mine did.

Friday, July 22, 2005 3:30 PM
well i only ahve 1 bracket installed as im gonna wait till i head out to the shop to cut up my fender for the BMW corners,but its a 1/8" peice of steel and the lgiht does not move at all with the 1 bracket that i used.as u can see i used the stock BMW bracket on hte bottom and connected it to a little bar that used to be used to fasten the cavy headlgiht assembly in

Friday, July 22, 2005 10:08 PM
turned out good, do u plan on covering the top/back of the lights up so u can't see the mounting brackets/lights/wires?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search