Change domelight color - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Change domelight color
Monday, August 01, 2005 10:33 PM
Is changing the domelight color to blue legal? What type of domelight bulbs does a 93 Cavalier RS sedan use?

Re: Change domelight color
Monday, August 01, 2005 10:49 PM
i cant see why it wouldnt be legal as long as it isnt on when your driving.

Monday, August 01, 2005 10:57 PM
Oh ok, how many bulbs does the 93 RS domelight use? I just found out they use style 194 which is good because I'm loading up on those tomorow because I'm turning my instrument cluster blue. The way it looks like is 3 I could be wrong any clarification?
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 7:04 AM
They use 194 bulbs??? My 89 uses a completely different bulb, and only uses one of em...to find out, squeeze the sides of the dome light cover, then pull one side down while squeezing, and it'll basically fall out...

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 9:11 AM
In MN, you can drive with a dome light on leagally no matter what color it is. Actually, NO interior light is ileagal while in motion, unless is blinding other drivers. At least thats the way it is in MN. If you can't find the right color bulb, just use nail polish and paint the dome light cover. I painted mine red, and it workes great with the red floor lights. Just don't paint the bulb, they'll burn.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 9:50 AM
I took off the cover and found it uses two 194's and two 168's. Do I have to disconnect anything before changing the bulb or can I just change away?
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 1:18 PM
i'd turn the dome light off first because you'll burn your whittle fengers if you dont.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005 1:25 PM
Just turn off the dome light by using the switch near the instrument cluster or do I have to disconnect any fuses/battery?
Tuesday, August 02, 2005 2:28 PM
L4OHV 93RS wrote:Just turn off the dome light by using the switch near the instrument cluster or do I have to disconnect any fuses/battery?

just use the switch

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search