Autometer Tach Install - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Autometer Tach Install
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:24 AM
Hey Everypone

Installed my Autometer 5' Tach with shift light today in my 94 Sunbird and was just wondering if anyone knows how to get the tach to rev properly. Stops at 3000 rpms and is very slow signal it seems.

i am comming right off of the ECM just so that you know.

Thank you

Re: Autometer Tach Install
Tuesday, September 20, 2005 2:15 PM
Is the tach set correctly? Does it have options for 4,6 or 8 cyl engines?

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 7:05 PM
well the guy at autometer ask the same thing but were would i find it.

it is not like a switch,

if you could tell how that would be awsome
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 4:39 PM
It should be a dip switch on the back of the tach housing. It will most likely have 4,6,and 8 written next to it. Just slide it so its next to 4.

Thursday, September 22, 2005 6:43 AM
Yah,
That is what my old cheap tach sunpro was like but the thing is, there is not one.
I found it weird but i guess i will what until he emails me back again to find out.

Thanks
Thursday, September 22, 2005 7:17 AM
5ft tach!!! how'd you fit it in the car?
but yeah it should have a switch on it.

Friday, September 23, 2005 1:38 PM
some tachs have switches, some tachs have wire loops sticking out the back thqat have to be cut for a 4 or 6 cyl. Also, some tachs are just made for 8 cyl's and cant be used in a 4 or 6 syl application, make sure you didnt get one of those.

Get the model number off of the tach and check the manufacture's homepage for instructions.

Friday, September 23, 2005 4:26 PM
Scrufdog wrote:some tachs have switches, some tachs have wire loops sticking out the back thqat have to be cut for a 4 or 6 cyl. Also, some tachs are just made for 8 cyl's and cant be used in a 4 or 6 syl application, make sure you didnt get one of those.

Get the model number off of the tach and check the manufacture's homepage for instructions.

i have an older autometer tach that had 3 wire loops in the back, u had to cut a certain one for ur application (4,6,8).

Friday, September 23, 2005 7:14 PM
Yah you see I did that it was the wire loop and the guy at autometer said cut both of them and tape them off so i did.

Still am getting slow revs will not go above 3000 i just can not get the rev to meet the cars revs.

I am patched into the solid white wire off the ecm and not directly of the coil.

I am about to pull it out. if know one can tell me how i can get this to work

Please thank you
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search