CUSTOM PUSHRODS? - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CUSTOM PUSHRODS?
Friday, December 08, 2006 2:31 PM
im planning on a 3.1 3100 hybrid build but im not sure if i need custom pushrods, i know u need it em for the 3.1 3400 build but i wasnt sure for the 3.1 3100. thanx

Re: CUSTOM PUSHRODS?
Sunday, December 10, 2006 4:23 PM
and the difference between a 3.1 and 3100 is?

------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, December 11, 2006 5:46 AM
alot of diiferences evidently u drive a @!#$ty 4 banger and dont know wat ur talking about.
Monday, December 11, 2006 10:40 AM
nuse that kinda of attitude won't get you help over here either, infact they will just ban your ip not your account, and multiple accounts = permaban from the org.

1st 1st gen on air.....
Monday, December 11, 2006 10:45 AM
Abby87Z24 (Now bagged) wrote:nuse that kinda of attitude won't get you help over here either, infact they will just ban your ip not your account, and multiple accounts = permaban from the org.

**changes are here**

Monday, December 11, 2006 2:43 PM
Already working on a ban somewhere else eh?

Monday, December 11, 2006 4:15 PM
i just need help please
Monday, January 29, 2007 10:00 AM
you need custom pushrods. measure and order.
Monday, January 29, 2007 4:08 PM
u going small port or large port 3100?

FDP 62MM TB, FFP Performance Chip, FFP Underdrive Pully, WAI, Hi Flow Cat, 2.5" Catback, Functional Ram Air Hood, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
Tuesday, January 30, 2007 10:11 AM
chris nuse wrote:alot of diiferences evidently u drive a @!#$ty 4 banger and dont know wat ur talking about.

Thought you were a changed "man?" Just please stop posting, you're making yourself look like a fool.
Tuesday, January 30, 2007 10:14 AM
no!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 10:50 AM
and chris.............. there is nothing wrong with 4 bangers.. mine can smoke this shi* out of your 3.1 or 3.4 n/a quite talking @!#$ and get banned already

**changes are here**

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 5:03 PM
My little 2.0 loves people with a V6 and a bad attitude.
Sunday, February 04, 2007 10:31 PM
I guess a better step for him would be to pull the v6 and put in a 4 cylinder

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, February 05, 2007 10:44 AM
haha are u kidding??
Monday, February 05, 2007 7:24 PM
hahahaha.. 4 cyl swap.. you guys crack me up.

Anyways...

Chris, Yes you need custom pushrods. you will have to get a measuring tool to get the right distance and preload. You may be able to find the specs other hybrid owners have used.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 11:59 AM
meow whats wrong with 4clyders? if your talking about n/a then yes they have absolutly no balls. but if they are underboost, nothing to laugh at meow.

**changes are here**

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 12:23 PM
Kidding?
3.1, 3100... 3900, northstar, 3800 series II superchargerd... it doesn't matter. Whatever you swap into your car, my "tiny" engine that you laugh at would absolutely crush it... That includes your trans am super dave.

Cardomain|Myspace

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 12:36 PM
^^thats kinda what I was thinking.. I'm not bragging by any means but my 90 2.2 puts out 219 whp at 9 psi. more power than most n/a v6's

**changes are here**

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 1:40 PM
M I N I O N - Sinbird wrote:Kidding?
3.1, 3100... 3900, northstar, 3800 series II superchargerd... it doesn't matter. Whatever you swap into your car, my "tiny" engine that you laugh at would absolutely crush it... That includes your trans am super dave.

Now you see.. this is why i don't post over here much. Do you really think that's true?

you guys can have your 4cyl engines, when you can put out near 350 HP ALL MOTOR then give me a call... Untill then keep spooling your turbos and shooting your nitrous.

Lets leave my T/A out of this

as for laughing @ 4cyls, it was simply because there are better options for the 2nd gen. You could bolt in a stock 3500, run 9PSI and probably hit mid 11's

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 2:04 PM
The point wasn't that my car is faster that any other, the point is that 4cyls can be a GREAT swap in the right hands. The tone is only because he laughed at the idea. It takes more go fast goodies to make more horsepower but it takes more money to make a large motor weigh less since not everybody goes in a straight line, even an aluminum block v6 has a higher center of gravity than a straight four of the same weight. So if I can take a smaller engine that will produce better handling and match or surpass the torque and horsepower curves throughout the entier RPM range, why is a 660 swap a better option?

Cardomain|Myspace

Tuesday, February 06, 2007 3:07 PM
M I N I O N - Sinbird wrote:The point wasn't that my car is faster that any other, the point is that 4cyls can be a GREAT swap in the right hands. The tone is only because he laughed at the idea. It takes more go fast goodies to make more horsepower but it takes more money to make a large motor weigh less since not everybody goes in a straight line, even an aluminum block v6 has a higher center of gravity than a straight four of the same weight. So if I can take a smaller engine that will produce better handling and match or surpass the torque and horsepower curves throughout the entier RPM range, why is a 660 swap a better option?

And i agree that the 4 cyl can make TONS of power, this was never the issue. I've checked out your build and can really respect the work you've done. As for the weight, that's debatable and can be twisted all different ways. I myself am a straight line person. I can see where a turbo'd 4cyl would have an advantage in the turns. Either way, we all like the engines we've chosen to modify. I'm actually going to be helping a fellow 2nd gen Vert owner swap over to a W41/5 speed some time in the near future. Last time he ran his car it layed down a 20.2 1/4 mile (2.0 auto vert). with the W41 swap we're hoping for 14's... I'm shooting for high 12's with my build.. IF i can get traction (yet again where boosted engines have an advantage). DD2K is showing me about 270 LBS of TQ @ 2500 RPM... lol

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search