1989 Sunbird GT 2.0T - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1989 Sunbird GT 2.0T
Sunday, February 11, 2007 9:25 PM
Ok, so I'll make this quick. Got an 89 Sunbird GT. # years ago I spun the #3 rod bearing. Sent out to have restored. Obviously it still needs to go in, no problem. My question is what and where for a lot of it. I need new seats, carpet, conv top, and other trim stuff. Can anyone reccomend a good place to go to buy some of this stuff. And from what I see the dashboards are still a problem, does anyone make a OE fit replacement? Cost is not a problem, but I need to know what else I might need to do other than replace everything rusted from 3 years of sitting. Suspension is of course the next to be replaced.

Re: 1989 Sunbird GT 2.0T
Monday, February 12, 2007 12:37 AM
You're a couple months late. I just completely gutted my turbo sunbird a couple months ago for full race prep. I would have gladly given you everything you needed aside from my canvas top which was already bad. The only thing I have left is the rear seat back in tan cloth. You're welcome to it if you want.
Everything else is going to be have to sourced from a junkyard or parts car. The weather stripping is extremely hard to find and costs A LOT. Pretty much, if you need it, the car would be considered a total loss by your insurance company.

Let me know if you need help finding performance parts though.

Cardomain|Myspace

Monday, February 12, 2007 7:07 AM
Thank you for the offer, but the rear seat is one of the only things I plan on keeping. It is going to be leather wrapped.I was more looking for the front chairs. I really do appreciate the offer, but I wil not need to take you up on it.
Monday, February 12, 2007 3:57 PM
i dont know if theyre the same, but i have a sunbird LE non turbo, and im getting rid of the front seats, as i am getting some racing seats... one might need re-apaulstered, but the other is in good shape, passenger side good, drivers side is the one, needing the work possably, let me know if your interested, by the way, theyre gray seats

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Tuesday, February 13, 2007 6:10 AM
yea the non turbo car seats should work and I got 2 black ones that look brand new if anyone needs them
Tuesday, February 13, 2007 11:36 AM
Thank you so much for the offers. I'm still trying to find new leather, but this will probably prove to be very difficult. If I can't I will take you up on the offer. Cost isn't really much of an object, I'm just trying to make this thing as new as it can be.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007 5:17 PM
I plan on hitting a junkyard an stripping the carpet and seats from one. I also would love to end up finding a gray seat pad from a convertible one too when I start redoing it.
Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:21 AM
I have a gutted red/gray 1989 Sunbird GT 2.0T i still have the dash, front seats, and center console, anything you want, let me know,I'll sell it cheap. I want rid of the car, I just bought a BMW 750IL and don't have the space for it.

"hit the clutch, hit the gear, hit the gas, and I'm gone"
Thursday, April 26, 2007 4:33 PM
"BashiBird",
You wanna sell some parts off that motor?? if so, PM me, im interested.. thanks

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Wednesday, May 02, 2007 9:47 PM
BashiBird wrote:I have a gutted red/gray 1989 Sunbird GT 2.0T i still have the dash, front seats, and center console, anything you want, let me know,I'll sell it cheap. I want rid of the car, I just bought a BMW 750IL and don't have the space for it.

Where is this car? I need some good interior parts also. thanks
Monday, July 07, 2008 10:23 PM
is the dash gray? how much ? what about the Speedo does it work, How much?

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 6:55 AM
Kevin, please look at the DATES on posts please...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search