rant on gm lol - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
rant on gm lol
Saturday, May 12, 2007 9:09 AM
anyone have luck like mine lately u buy a used gm with the exterior in mint condition interior is great to for 350 bucks "94 Pontiac Sunbird 2.0NA" all it has is a bad headgasket well u try to fix it then it wont run haha.

well find a 2.2 5sp to replace 2.0 5sp and i get bout 100 miles outa it and it blows up...nice right thats not the best part buy a junkyard 2.2 to replace that one 30psi oil 150psi compression yada yada get 20 miles outa that one and the crank snaps while idling.... and i didnt rod the piss outa either motor lol just testing to make sure they stayed cool and ran correctly but damn things are a$$ rapin me lol

but i tell u what when the crank only snaps away from the flywheel wow that motor can rev fast i touch the gas instant redline haha

i have a 3rd gen 3100 sitting outside im thinking its about time to rip into that and put that in on the 2.2s 5sp what ya think ive never had problems with gm 3100s

so if uve had luck like i have with gm rant some more lol

Re: rant on gm lol
Saturday, May 12, 2007 10:08 AM
I see this kind of thing alot at work. I work at a Cadillac garage and some people just can't afford a Cadillac. So when they brake they like to take the easy way out just swaping in a bone yard motor instead of rebuilding or getting a good remanufactured engine. It's not general motors it is the person who took care of the motor before you, how the junk yard riped the motor out and stored it. I've gotten a motor from a junk yard that after pulling the drain plug water came out. I've seen northstars will well over 350k miles on em, and looking back at the service history they are the ones getting mantence and oil changes religously. Ya you have had some bad luck and I've not been faring to much better with my turbo sunbird but, I saw a bumper sticker the other day, blame the deed not the breed. Granted it was talking about her dobermin but it kind of works here too.
Saturday, May 12, 2007 10:27 AM
haha nice yea the bone yard had 134k on it and ran strong till the flywheel snapped from crank but whatever hopefully they warranty it since i got a 199day warranty if not 3100 swap here i come oh yeah lol
Sunday, May 13, 2007 1:28 PM
quit pissin around with the 4cyls and do a V6 swap allready!

then the only thing you'll break are axels

Sunday, May 13, 2007 5:44 PM
haha ya ied need computer and harness for a 3.1 manaul what would have those? berettas im guessing and some cavs z24s what else? and i beleive the 2.2s 5sp bolts right to the 3100 correct?
and ill just use the clutch i have till it goes capute i dont have a large amount of money to blow
Monday, May 14, 2007 8:46 AM
i'd just pick up a 3.1-5 speed parts car.

the 2.2 Isuzu tranny is weak, if you abuse the car at all it wouldn't last for long. The V6's got the HM282 / NVG which has been proven to hold near 500 lbs of TQ. Your clutch should work, flywheels are the same for the 2.2 and 3.1.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 11:13 AM
Stop blaming Gm when it's you that cause 2/3 of your problem.

If you can't replace a head gazsket, have it done by a mechanic. The first 2.2 you blew it becuase you can't do an oil change right.

3rd problem is freakin hard to believe the crank broke where there's almost no pressure.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search