hey slowolej! - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
hey slowolej!
Wednesday, June 13, 2007 3:06 PM
Maybe im dumb or blind didn't you have a pinout diagram for the ecu swap? If you still do would you please e-mail it to me.

When in doupt, grub.

Re: hey slowolej!
Wednesday, June 13, 2007 7:01 PM
Ehhh... help me out. Which ecm swap?

-->Slow
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 8:00 PM
hey sorry ive been working like t hebrew. the 1227749 ecm swam from the turbo sunbird to the 2nd gen cavi. thx

When in doupt, grub.
Thursday, July 26, 2007 11:56 AM
I've got one I used for a '93 2.2 with manual trans. Different year cars may have different pinouts. Glad to send it if ya need it.

-->Slow
Thursday, July 26, 2007 8:16 PM
Yes would you please, i just need the pinout for the sunbird ecu. Oh and did you need to change any sensors too? Thx

When in doupt, grub.
Friday, July 27, 2007 4:21 AM
Turbo Sunbird uses 2 BAR MAP sensor, magnetic VSS. up to 93 2.2 has no knock sensor which 7749 expects to see. Other sensors in 93 swapped right over.

http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/ecm_info/1227749/

Sunbird ECM wiring diagram.

-->Slow
Friday, July 27, 2007 10:00 AM
Ok, how did you get around the knock sensor?

When in doupt, grub.
Friday, July 27, 2007 6:47 PM
I installed one. Actually, I switched to a 94 engine at the same time which came with a knock sensor. It's a good idea to have one anyway.

-->Slow
Friday, July 27, 2007 8:25 PM
Ok thats good cause mines a 94. So im good with the knock sensor, what a bout the vss sensor? Would mine work? And where did you get the 2 bar map from? Thx.

When in doupt, grub.
Saturday, July 28, 2007 2:04 PM
2 BAR sensor can come from gm turbo diesel, grand national (for boost gauge), syclone, turbo Sunbird or Grand Am, turbo Grand Prix, and some supercharged 3800 engines. Google 2 bar map part number and you should find something.

VSS speed divisor and pulses per mile may need to be adjusted in the chip depending on which sensor you've got.

You'll probably need someone to do some chip work for you.

-->Slow
Monday, July 30, 2007 9:25 PM
Ok i have yet another question for ya. Whats so specal about the 1227749 ecm? Besides it being from a turbo bird?

When in doupt, grub.

Monday, July 30, 2007 10:21 PM
its already designed for boost. the 7749 and 7747 (waterproof case version of the 7749) were only used in the turbio sunbird/grand am and the scyclone/typhoon trucks. its basicly the best route to go if your boostin a 4 cyl.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 3:44 AM

And, it's cracked. Meaning when you want to tune it you can find the software and definition files that let you make changes.

-->Slow
Thursday, August 02, 2007 12:15 AM
Ok thats why its the one of choice. I got the j series diagram and some of the wire colors dont exactly match is this ok?

When in doupt, grub.
Thursday, August 02, 2007 4:30 AM
Quote:

I got the j series diagram

Bear with me. You've got the wring diagram for the Sunbird 7749, and the wires in your harness don't match? This is for a 94 Cav 2.2? I might have something that will help from when I built the 93.

-->Slow
Thursday, August 02, 2007 12:34 PM
No the wires on the sunbird harness wires dont exactly match the diagram. The colors anyway.

When in doupt, grub.
Thursday, August 02, 2007 6:50 PM
So what year Sunbird harness is this? Sometimes different wire colors means something.

-->Slow
Friday, August 03, 2007 10:10 AM
Well nearly all the wires match but therer a few that dont. There i the right spot but wrong colol. Oh it has been almost a year when i pulled it but im pretty shure it was a 98. Thx

When in doupt, grub.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search